A horse, guinea pig and a rabbit

I think the guinea pig and rabbit are cute, fun shots.

The horse reminds me of when I was first trying to find something different to shoot. It's probably a very nice horse, but is completely disengaged and shows no character. It's shot at an awkward angle and could have done with a lower POV or taking a good few steps back; maybe the background put you off that or there was a fence in the way?

I have to agree with new2me.
I do like the first Ginky though.
The perspective and expression made me chuckle.

Is the head of the horse in focus? it looks like the rear end is sharper.

Is the head of the horse in focus? it looks like the rear end is sharper.
I'll agree with that ;)

Nice low perspective on the rodents (y)

I like these characterful shots, but the small animals look so much better being down on the same level, and you don't quite have the same interaction in the horse shot. The Ginzles are great though.

Horse doesn't really go with set but the guinea pig and rabbit are excellent shots.

Thanks for the replies! Don't know why but the notification wasn't lighting up for this and the other thread?

The horse shot I was limited on composition as a little higher and I had a very messy untidy background of buildings and people. I quite liked the way it was laying there, almost like it had given up.

The guinea pigs were fab, very curious so easy to shoot - just leaned over the fence as much as possible and shot blind!

The rabbits were so skittish, you stalk one, get your arm and camera over but as soon as the screw motor af kicked in they'd just bolt. This rabbit came over almost like he was showing his dominance to me and stuck his nose right in the lens!

Got a ton of hits on Flickr with the guinea pigs so checked the stats and a guinea pig tumblr site had picked up on them. One got liked and reblogged over 200 times!

Appreciate the comments :)

Last edited:
Back