weekly Adamcski 52 for 2024 Week 14 Gob shot

Just a couple of ideas I am playing around with, although I am still not 100% happy with them, so will try again over the weekend. Trying to get the waterline 100% spot on may prove difficult and I don't want to just throw it at photoshop, would prefer to try and get the waterline at the top nice and smooth. I have a couple of other ideas also that I am going to try over the weekend, but these are what I have come up with currently.

Last edited:
Cool, a good choice. How did you get those little rainbow streaks?
It's water droplets on the underside of a cd with little lights positioned around it. I just played around with where the various lights were and then messed around with WB and the colours in LR.

I thought this one was a little neat as it almost looks like all the little water droplets are having a race and the tiny little rainbow streaks are like vapour trails or contrails (I think that's what they are called).

Last edited:
It's water droplets on the underside of a cd with little lights positioned around it. I just played around with where the various lights were and then messed around with WB and the colours in LR.

I thought this one was a little neat as it almost looks like all the little water droplets are having a race and the tiny little rainbow streaks are like vapour trails or contrails (I think that's what they are called).
The CD is genius. I watched a couple of refraction videos, as well as splash videos. But I don't have any wine or even clear glasses that would work. I have some mason jars but didn't think it would have the same impact. Great collection and submission

Love you chose shot. Very clever

To belters there Adam :)

I saw the blue and red photo when you first posted it and couldn't understand why you wouldn't just post that, but yeah OK, the final is awesome.

(also, just looking back, I did try some shots with the same tiny marshmallows for 'soft' but my composition was nowhere near that good)

I saw the blue and red photo when you first posted it and couldn't understand why you wouldn't just post that, but yeah OK, the final is awesome.

(also, just looking back, I did try some shots with the same tiny marshmallows for 'soft' but my composition was nowhere near that good)
I just copied an idea I saw on Google to be honest. I'm not the most creative believe it or not, I get a lot of my ideas off the web.

All great shots! I like the silhouette pic but really like your choice for the week, it must have been hard to choose between the three as they're all brill - I think I like the 1st one because of the contrast between the colours

Again a lovely set, and I especially like your chosen shot. Very strong shapes, colours and contrasts.

That's very cool ;)

All great shots! I like the silhouette pic but really like your choice for the week, it must have been hard to choose between the three as they're all brill - I think I like the 1st one because of the contrast between the colours
My favourite was the first one, wife's was the last one, so I went with hers.

Thanks again for the comments folks. I will respond to other posts and leave my comments on the pages of fellow challenge participants tomorrow as I've just run out of time so far this week.

Last edited:
Great set, especially for "messing around"
As above no idea how you did it but looking forward to the explanation ... hopefully:)

I wish I lived in a disco too!

Long exposure and some handheld LEDs? Another really striking image.

Morning everyone and firstly thank you again for the kind comments.

As for the process, it's pretty easy to be honest.

You need a photography sphere (glass ball) a mirror, a ruler, some blutack and some colour changing leds (I use four colour changing tea light things the wife got).

Set the ball in the middle of the mirror on the floor / work top (I use the floor as it can't roll off and cause damage then). You may need a tiny bit of blutack to hold it in place, so put that right at the back of the ball so you cant see it. Lock focus on the ball and position as needed. Then, stick your chosen LED light source to the ruler and switch it on. Stick camera in M mode, ISO 100 F4-5.6 (ish) and SS to 2 seconds. I do this in a dark room (my bedroom) but you could just use the camera settings to block out the ambient light, but I prefer to do it in a dark room. Now press the shutter and rotate the ruler with the lights round the outside of the sphere and just play with the angles :)

That is it.

Sorry for the last minute post (no doubt more to come).

First image is a messing around image for the nifty 50 challenge actually, we were messing around with silhouettes

Then I went back to messing around with these:

[

The final one will be my choice for the week.
Great collection of images. I'm loving the colors.

Back