Advice for gun salute photography

Name
Charlie
Edit My Images
No
Morning all,

Just wondered if any of you have taken any photos at Green Park, London when the King's Troop RHA were doing their gun salutes please? I've managed to bag a half day off work on Tues to go and see them and was wondering where the best spot might be to get some photos? I've looked on Google maps for ideas but the best spot I could see turns out to be in front of the guns (if the youtube vids I've watched are anything to go by) so maybe not the best spot :ROFLMAO:

I'm hoping to take a 70mm-200mm and a 24mm - 105mm lens, weather depending, (want to try and take a couple of photos I've seen on Instagram which is why I'm taking 2 lenses). If anyone has any advice I'd be really appreciative.

The last shot I managed to get of them was from Tower bridge with a little lumix, get zoom on it but sadly very noisy.

Last edited:
The King's Troop don't salute from the Tower. That was the HAC.

The King's Troop don't salute from the Tower. That was the HAC
Yes your right, it's because they're at the Royal Parks, I forgot it wasn't them at Tower.

Sadly I got the times wrong for the parks salute on Tues so will be going to the Tower again this year.

Last edited:
Back