and then it all kicked off!

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Just as I was making my way back to the car I could hear a lot of shouting and swearing near the little cafe on the Harbourside.
Most mornings the cafe is visited by a number of aging bikers, they arrive on big bikes, including 'Harley's' and wear appropriate biker gear, sit together and enjoy their tea and bacon butties.
Someone had upset them this morning and they were impolitely telling him to go away!
The 'offender' had obviously been enjoying his 'Carling' and had bravado beyond his common sense, so decided to take a swing at the largest biker, spraying him and those near him with said beverage!
The biker clearly had 'red mist' and chased after him ...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I stopped taking photos at this point as the drinker fell onto the tracks and I thought he had hit his head on the metal rail, (he hadn't).
The biker followed and with fist raised was clearly going to give him a pasting - between us one of the other bikers and I convinced him it wasn't worth the possible consequences.
With my hand on his shoulder and looking into his eyes, it quickly dawned on me that my actions could be viewed as rather foolhardy ... SWMBO agreed with that assessment when I got home.
Too much excitement for one day! :eek:

I think you did the right thing in helping to calm the situation.

Generally old bikers have a certain amount of wisdom.
I couldn’t stand by and witness a possible very serious stupid act.

Reactions: zx9
Just as I was making my way back to the car I could hear a lot of shouting and swearing near the little cafe on the Harbourside.
Most mornings the cafe is visited by a number of aging bikers, they arrive on big bikes, including 'Harley's' and wear appropriate biker gear, sit together and enjoy their tea and bacon butties.
Someone had upset them this morning and they were impolitely telling him to go away!
The 'offender' had obviously been enjoying his 'Carling' and had bravado beyond his common sense, so decided to take a swing at the largest biker, spraying him and those near him with said beverage!

View attachment 419153

View attachment 419154

View attachment 419155

I stopped taking photos at this point as the drinker fell onto the tracks and I thought he had hit his head on the metal rail, (he hadn't).
The biker followed and with fist raised was clearly going to give him a pasting - between us one of the other bikers and I convinced him it wasn't worth the possible consequences.
With my hand on his shoulder and looking into his eyes, it quickly dawned on me that my actions could be viewed as rather foolhardy ... SWMBO agreed with that assessment when I got home.
Great story telling with pictures that is.........

View attachment 419153

View attachment 419154

View attachment 419155

When I was a press photographer the ethics question popped up a few time. Should you keep shooting and document the story and maybe prevent it happening again, or do you down camera and go and help? In this case I think you did what I would have done.
We used to joke if you saw a bloke drowning what would you do?.... Most of us said we'd go for a faster shutter speed to freeze the splashes...
I'll get my coat....

Back