Best place for canon lens repair??

Name
Morgan Lee
Edit My Images
No
Not sure where to send my 24-70 needs some tweaking, anyone got any recomendations want to send it to someone good that wont rip me off kind of thing.

Cheers
Morgan.

Not sure where to send my 24-70 needs some tweaking, anyone got any recomendations want to send it to someone good that wont rip me off kind of thing.

Cheers
Morgan.

Listed below all repair organisations recommended by canon, just sent my 1D MKii and 300mm lens into RCC, you just need to box up item and post with insurance. Through Royal Mail it cost me £25 (inc £5000 worth of product insurance) for a 4Kg package.

Colchester Camera Repair Services
Professional Camera, Lens, Professional Lens, Flash, Analogue Compact Camera, Digital Compact Camera, Analogue SLR Camera, Digital SLR Camera

6 Kings Court
Off Newcomen Way
Severalls Business Park
Colchester
CO4 9RA

Tel: 01206 843 322
Fax: 01206 843 323

Web: http://www.camera-repair.co.uk

H. Lehmann Limited
AnalogueVideo, Professional Camera, Lens, Digital Video (Except HD models), Professional Lens, Flash, Analogue Compact Camera, Digital Compact Camera, Analogue SLR Camera, Digital SLR Camera

247-249 London Road
Stoke-on-Trent
ST4 5AA

Tel: 01782 413 611
Fax: 01782 744 579

Web: http://www.lehmannsdirect.co.uk

Canon (UK) RCC
Projectors, Professional Camera, Lens, Digital Video, Webcameras, Scanner, Binoculars, Professional Lens, Flash, Analogue Compact Camera, Analogue SLR Camera, Digital SLR Camera

Unit 130 Centennial Park
Centennial Avenue
Elstree Hill South
Borehamwood
Elstree
Hertfordshire
WD6 3SE

Tel: 0844 369 0100
Fax: 0844 892 0849

Web: http://www.canon.co.uk

OR

Fixation
Professional Camera, Professional Lens, Flash, Analogue SLR Camera

(Note: Fixation does not handle repairs for the EOS 300D, 350D & 400D)

Unit C
250 Kennington Lane
London
SE11 5RD

Tel: 0207 582 3294
Fax: 0207 582 9052

Web: http://www.fixationuk.com

Peter

If you are a CPS (canon professional services) member, remember to quote your membership number etc, this will usually fast stream you in the repair process, otherwise, you might have a few weeks to wait.

Peter

Norfolk Camera Centre is also worth a look, very good service received in recent past (posted to and returned nproblems) (y)

If you want your lens back within a month, i'd avoid Colchester Camera Repair. Slow is an understatement :bang:

Brilliant :) i have just emailed Fixation see what they think and then hopefully send it off tomorrow for repair :).

Brilliant :) i have just emailed Fixation see what they think and then hopefully send it off tomorrow for repair :).

Would also be very tempted to speak to another company's service department just to double check your quote / estimate (y)

Just check on the websites I listed above, only Fixation are willing to publish rough repair / servicing prices on their website. I would seriously doubt without actually looking at the lens whether you would get a serious quote on repair work...A friend has had his 5D, 24-105mm and 20D camera's repaired by RCC and has been pleased with the service he got.

http://www.fixationuk.com/Fixation/Repairs.html

Personally, I would send it to the closest repair centre to whether you live, but stick to the canon recommended ones.

Peter

If you want your lens back within a month, i'd avoid Colchester Camera Repair. Slow is an understatement :bang:

I really should've searched before i sent my G9 there shouldn't i :thinking: i was told from them a roughly 10 working days for it too be repaired (dreaded G9 dust in lens problem!) yet its now 13 working days and still waiting for its repair status to change as its been the same "waiting for repair" since it arrived :shake:

I do have DSLR cameras aswell but i use the G9 for work which its ideal for unlike my DSLR which is large and bulky even if it has better photo quality but thats not really needed for work ...Think i may go and try my luck at Canon as im not too pleased camera is 6 month old got dust in it i send it one of there recommended repair centers and they don't seem to be doing much repairing so far and i want it for work :shake:

Used them all apart from colchester cameras.

But my recomendation would be for Lehmans or Fixation

Broken Canon lens. Posted to Fixation on Monday, received and repaired on Tuesday, returned via UPS on Wednesday. Excellent service!

Just picked up my EFs 17-55 from Colchester Camera repairs (new aperture mech). They said 10 days and sure enough done on day 10.

It's better then new, a little sharper and no DUST

Last edited:
My 70-200 is at Canon Elstree as we speak. I miss it :(

Miles Whitehead. Quick, very professional and a lot cheaper than the Canon authorised repair centres. Google his name. He lives in Kent. Repaired my 24-105. Works like new.

My 7D went into Lehmann's when I dropped it and damaged it. The repair was done in reasonably quick time, had to wait for the camera to be delivered back to LCS Lincoln for collection, and the 7D looks great and works perfectly again. I got a list of items they replaced and it didn't mention anything on the outer casing but even that was repaired or replaced where the scratches were visible. Highly recommended and would happily use them again.

Back