Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
BENT

LINK

TP_Brompton_Prefer_1.jpg

Last edited:
It's kind of right - you just don't need to link back to the main thread from here.

Anyway, Bromptons - it's a yes from me.

One thing I've always wondered - and it doesn't matter which version of the Brompton you see - why on earth do they set their seats so far forward?

Last edited:
It's kind of right - you just don't need to link back to the main thread from here.

Anyway, Bromptons - it's a yes from me.

One thing I've always wondered - and it doesn't matter which version of the Brompton you see - why on earth do they set their seats so far forward?
The later one are a little further back

but remember the early bikes were SWB until 2003 when they became LWB when the main frame hinge was changed from a forging to a casting mid way through the Mk3 production cycle - pre-2003 models wheelbase is 102cm or 40.2" - 2004+ models wheelbase is 104.5cm or 41.2" - so you gained an inch

In a way the handlebars/handlebar stem system, (all three stems are different lengths/heights), can change the distance by changing the riding position

Last edited:
In a way the handlebars/handlebar stem system, (all three stems are different lengths/heights), can change the distance by changing the riding position

I didn't go with any of the Brompton options. I went with my own bars.

The M type was too tall and the S type too short for me. So I bought an H type and fitted it with low riser MTB bars to get it just right. The additional height on the stem means the bar ends cleared the ground when folded.

It looks a little neater than this now, as I eventually replaced the old bar ends and grips with Ergons.

It's also now pretty much full a 'black edition' as it has black seatpost, black cranks, black mudguards and black frame clamps.

13123107_10153387180656021_1191162474287702615_o.jpg

I use my "Electric" most these days - but don't ride much, except with my grandkids who are all under 7

here's a bike I personalised and kitted out to produce a "lightweight" bike that is rideable

TP_SLX_1.jpg

Last edited:
Ti forks and rear triangle?

yes, plus superlight wheels, lightweight saddle and pedals plus Kojak tyres plus other bits and pieces to save an once or two

look how different it is to one of the first bikes above

Last edited:
I can't get over how clean all yours look.

I commute in London and mine is just covered in grime.

All the old ones end up like this - plus I strip the 3 speed hub, BB, front wheel and handlebar stem bearings

I've been retired for years so I have the time

TP_Early_2.jpg

TP_Early_3.jpg

Last edited:
Not a bicycle fan meself.. but it's certainly a good take on the theme. Anyways, welcome to the TP52. Looking forward to viewing your shots and I'll be back to comment!!

Interesting interaction.. every day is a school day! Good take on the theme too.

Week 20 Arches

taken with a 15 year old digital - Panasonic G1 with kit lens - M43 - one of the first "mirrorless" cameras with interchangeable lens

Link

TP_Arches.jpg

Last edited:
Back