South-East England Bodiam Castle

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm contemplating a trip to Bodiam Castle for first light on Saturday morning, kids at the grandparents
I've not been before and wanted to know if you can get access to get pics of the moat and castle?

Many thanks

i found scotney casle more interesting

Video of the front of the manor house and inside fully furnished still. And also a walk into the valley to have a look and the turreted house the manor was made from

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bggXkU71l1Y

Turreted fortified house in the grounds

1. Scotney Castle is an English country house with formal gardens south-east of Lamberhurst in the valley of the River Bewl in Kent, England. It belongs to the National Trust. Wikipedia

Address: Finchcocks, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Lamberhurst, Kent TN3 8JN

Phone: 01892 893820

Nearby is Rudyard Kiplings house

his study as he left it

Bateman's
Bateman's Lane, Burwash TN19 7DS, England

01435 882302

All National trust properties as for opening times and days you will have to check

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1453410960.363768.jpg

Park in car park and you can walk around moat but bridge is closed off and can't get inside!

Many thanks for the info, I just want to see the outside, says it opens at 10.30, so I should have plenty of time to get a few snaps before visitors turn up

Nice photos by the way, thanks for posting

Lee
scotney castle and bodium castle are only about 15 miles apart and kiplings house around the corner as well, I would suggest if Scotney Castle is open you will find them more interesting, but that is up to you. A i said you would have to check for opening days and times Scotney castle. So if you have time take a look at Scotney castle as well

Ii thought was better for photos.

End removed to make the manor house

Last edited:
Pleasure

. In the manor house at Scotney castle you can take photos but no flash but you can get around that with camera settings and editing afterwards
Main dining room

I was thinking about buying the place but I was short by several £M;)

Nice tea/coffee cafe there as well

Last edited:
Back