Chopped her elbow off

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
Is it a big deal or not when you accidentally chop off your models body parts..........this example her elbow?
NDW_0532-Edit.jpg

Sometimes

But as a general rule you know it’s wrong when you see it.
There’s nothing wrong here IMHO.

Btw I rarely comment on image posts, but I’m impressed with the work you’re posting lately here :)

Sometimes

But as a general rule you know it’s wrong when you see it.
There’s nothing wrong here IMHO.

Btw I rarely comment on image posts, but I’m impressed with the work you’re posting lately here :)
Im conscious when framing Fon of making sure everything is in the frame especially long fingers and keeping her belly sucked in (its a joke between us that always creates a great smile lol) But she's constantly moving so sometimes an elbow or hand gets out of the frame.
This morning we went to the beach, Ive got some great pictures to post up later today.

I can't post it here because you've got "No" for editing images, but I just used Photoshop's new AI beta on it and it easily recreated the missing elbow and even put a nice bokeh background in. If you are happy for me to post it, let me know (y)

I can't post it here because you've got "No" for editing images, but I just used Photoshop's new AI beta on it and it easily recreated the missing elbow and even put a nice bokeh background in. If you are happy for me to post it, let me know (y)
Sure no worries

Nice one cheers,

Here's the first, with extra room in case the AI needed it. Then a tighter crop.

Only took about 20 seconds. Scary eh? lol The images will delete in 1 hour (well, there were supposed to delete! lol)

AI-Edit.jpg

AI-Edit-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one cheers,

Here's the first, with extra room in case the AI needed it. Then a tighter crop.

Only took about 20 seconds. Scary eh? lol The images will delete in 1 hour.

AI-Edit.jpg

AI-Edit-2.jpg
That's scary..........thanks for sharing

Is it a big deal or not when you accidentally chop off your models body parts..........this example her elbow?

It depends on what you want to do with the image. Comparing with the later image with elbow intact, it is an improvement. So, if you were entering a competition, your image with the elbow missing would be marked down for that which is fair when comparing with others. However, if the image is just to give the young lady she might be very pleased with the result.

Dave

Personally, I prefer it when all "body parts" are included unless the composition needs it like her legs chopped off in your posted pic. Grins.

Personally, I prefer it when all "body parts" are included unless the composition needs it like her legs chopped off in your posted pic. Grins.
Problem is I’ve only got a 85mm or 24mm lens so hence the no lower parts of the legs. 24mm is really difficult to get the perspective correct with being so wide

Problem is I’ve only got a 85mm or 24mm lens so hence the no lower parts of the legs. 24mm is really difficult to get the perspective correct with being so wide

I wonder if a small vertical stitch of two 85mm photos could work?

If you've got enough resolution (and you certainly do for posting here); use the 24mm to take the picture with the desired perspective and then crop in post for the desired composition.

Sure... it's called "the brenizer method;" used to simulate a very fast wider FL lens.

Aye, I think it was to simulate or mimic medium/large format to create the effect you have just said. Every option should be on the table! :D

Hi Graham...........sorry pal but I'm needing some help with Photoshop AI. In my previous post you helped me add a missing elbow but in the attached picture Ive tried everything I can to just get Photoshop AI to give me some space on the right hand side but it gives me everything but a beak extension...........am I asking PS AI to much or am I just not clicking on the correct buttons? Thanks in advanceDSC_7970.jpg

Hell yes............do you mind sharing how you got to that?

Aye no worries.

Image->Canvas Size
1690282863206.png

Left arrow anchor
1690282885130.png

Width to 130%
1690282910350.png

When selecting overlap slightly as this helps prevent a dividing border from forming
1690282986147.png

Press Generate Fill
1690283009595.png

Don't type anything, just hit Generate
1690283042031.png

Sit back and enjoy the AI magic
1690283283224.png

There might be a little banding
1690283125858.png

If so, I found that highlighting all three layers, right click and merge then use the Stamp tool to blend them, or you could play with different overlap settings
1690283161104.png
1690283181787.png

Alternatively, try different generated variations
1690283307950.png

Or press the Generate button again to get another 3 variations (or keep repeating Generate until you find one you are happy with)
1690283351488.png

Last edited:
Sometimes a tight crop can look tonight but just sometimes it focuses the eye on the subject.

Back