Crotal Bells 52 for 2024. Week 16 Empty

Nice shot.

It is a lovely scene with the sun and the scenery in the background. I like the backlighting around the walker's head. However, I do have a bit of an issue with the deep shadow on the bank. I especially find my gaze getting pulled to the large patch of shadow on the left.

Nice work
Thanks buddy
Stunning sunrise, or sunset?
Well, stunning. Great shot there!
Sunset, glad you like it buddy
Nice shot.
Thanks mate
Lovely colour, are you dual tasking- fishing & photography?
Yes and maybe get back on the metal detecting at some point too.
It is a lovely scene with the sun and the scenery in the background. I like the backlighting around the walker's head. However, I do have a bit of an issue with the deep shadow on the bank. I especially find my gaze getting pulled to the large patch of shadow on the left.
Thanks for the feedback

Reactions: nog
A nice "end of the day" image Keith.

Hi, what’s a crotal bell?
Small round bell, hollow with a ringer in it. If you look on Google images you should see some old ones, we find them metal detecting. They can be hundreds of years old.

That works Keith :)

Definitely works for theme and tech.
It would have been nice to see some more contrasty light emphasising that it's winter, but I guess the weather wasn't playing ball and you only have so much time to capture ice.

That works Keith :)
Thanks Dave
Definitely works for theme and tech.
It would have been nice to see some more contrasty light emphasising that it's winter, but I guess the weather wasn't playing ball and you only have so much time to capture ice.
Exactly that Tim, it was a case of grab what I could at the location.

Nice start to the 52, your close to home shot beautifully captures the sunset well done.

Simple and effective, the lighting's spot on.

Very soft! Got some great detail in that pic

Nice simple composition with the back lighting works well for the theme.

Simple and effective, the lighting's spot on.

Looks good against the darker background
Thanks all, much appreciated.
The sun was lighting up the river rushes in front of me, with the trees on the far bank in shade, so a nice combination to get a shot for the weekly theme.

"Ast cotched owt?" is the cry that would go up in my hometown :)

Nice peaceful pic.

Nice shot. Love a bit of fishing, although I rarely partake these days...

Back