Crotal Bells 52 for 2024. Week 16 Empty

Nice hidden 'pecker :)

Well spotted they're great at hiding, never caught a glimpse of one myself but hear them quite regularly in the woods near us.

Whole: Like the pov and the lighting.
Hidden: Good capture and well spotted. I hear them often but rarely see them.
Thanks all, I always love hearing the Peckers, even better when I catch sight of one.

Week 10 Texture. Ok 2 votes for the last one in the set so I've switched it to this weeks entry.
006 10 03 24.jpg
005 10 03 24.jpg
008 10 03 24.jpg
004 10 03 24.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set - the last one fitting best for me :)

Nice set. I'm with you on the chosen shot... a good combination of textures.

Good one & fits the theme, bit unusual just one other stone in view
Thanks, the bush is obscuring stones in the background and a few are missing or have fallen in this area of the cemetery.

Striking image, particularly with the OOF branches to add some depth. I like it very much.

Unkempt, also probably unused! Have these disappeared or do I just not notice them these days?

Did you consider shooting in portrait to match its proportions?

The picture has a very dystopian feel to it and it works well in black and white, hits the theme perfectly.

Silhouette has come out well, nice one.
Unkempt, b&w works really well for the unkempt theme. Surprising the handset is still there and on the hook

The picture has a very dystopian feel to it and it works well in black and white, hits the theme perfectly.
Thanks Simon, much appreciated. I find B&W suits urban and people shots most of the time and certainly felt right on this occasion.

Silhouette has come out well, nice one.
Unkempt, b&w works really well for the unkempt theme. Surprising the handset is still there and on the hook
Thanks Keith. I'm surprised the handset is still there especially where the phone box is located.
Quite ironic really, I don't condone vandalism but the photo would have been better for the theme if the handset was missing or the cord was cut.

Back