Ebayer- Classic_photography_uk

@Jakemico AE-1P I just messaged you.

To everyone: I have had experience with this chap that I have shared privately with the OP. I ended up reporting him to Folkestone police as well as eBay.

My advice to you all: AVOID!
He's already done enough to ensure that neither I nor anyone I know would go near him,. not because of the problem or no problem with the camera, but because of attitude.

"Block buyers from your listings

If you don't wish to sell to certain eBay members, you can put them on your blocked list. Members on that list will be unable to bid, buy, make an offer or send you messages on any of your listings until you remove them from the list. You can block up to 5,000 members."

I had an issue with a buyer on eBay last year with a Nikon lens I sold..... about 3 weeks after he received the lens he contacted me saying there was a problem with the lens and that it had major dust inside and signs of fungus.... this guy sells stuff on ebay so was already slightly suspicious when he made the offer to buy the lens. but he claimed he was buying it to use on his Nikon D850.... The test shots he sent me he said were taken using a Sony with an adapter....I disputed there was a problem with the lens and I think he was expecting me to offer a partial refund, which I never did.... He opened a case against me saying item was defective, expecting a partial refund.... I requested him to return the lens. He returned the lens but it was missing a couple of items included in the sale. I refunded him but only after he sent me proof the missing items were being returned via a trackable method.

I had a note of the serial number of the lens and it was the same serial number returned. but that buyer was definitely trying to pull a scam on me.... I inspected the lens closely on return and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it and it had no "major dust" or "signs of fungus". I managed to sell the lens successfully a couple of weeks later.

Last edited:
Ebay sucks, i sold a food mixer and the buyer opened a case like 6 or 7 weeks later saying that it was not working and ebay actually forced me to refund them.

They literally always side with the buyer so make sure to photograph serial numbers and any distinctive marks on it.

Story time!

The camera arrived safe and sound today - to my surprise. I half expected a brick. Or for the camera to be broken and missing a few parts. Given it the once over and all appears to be okay.

I loaded in film. Marked up the gate with sharpie. Lo and behold…. It works! If you’d like to double check my handiwork please review on YouTube here..

Leica Test

It's a tactic.
For every 5 people that call his bluff, there are probably a couple who will give the partial refund.

Probably makes himself a small fortune.

And for those here that were duped by this persons positive ratings - I just went to leave bad feedback and eBay does not allow negative feedback for buyers! BEWARE!
And hasn't done for some time - giving even more power to buyers like this. Still - you can leave words alongside the green tick and I use this to leave "negative" feedback on my personal account.

Glad you got it sorted Jake. Fortunately for you, he just seems like a chancer as @photographer100 said and not someone who is dangerously malicious. Neither is intrinsically worse, but from your point of view, I think you dodged a bullet. Many buyers are genuine, but folks like this spoil it for everyone else, and high ticket items are worth the punt from their point of view.

People like this boil my p*ss.

Absolute chancer who tried to take advantage - well done for sticking to your ground, even though the whole situation is a PITA.

As has been said, the fact they took a while to pay is always suspicious and I'm glad you got your originally supplied camera back, unlike the time I got a block of wood returned to me, instead of lens I sold :oops: :$ Got the money back from eBay eventually but took a while.

So now he's happy to repurchase, knowing it all working but only at the reduced price? b*****d!

I'd report him to eBay anyway, not that it'll do much. Perhaps if enough people complain, they'll boot him off.

Don't offer him a full refund, is there an option to offer him a refund minus the postage fees?
That :agree:
I hope you didn’t pay for postage

So now he's happy to repurchase, knowing it all working but only at the reduced price? b*****d!

I'd report him to eBay anyway, not that it'll do much. Perhaps if enough people complain, they'll boot him off.
Or due to 'increased interest' the price has gone up accordingly....

Back