Frogs...lots and lots of frogs...and a snake!

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I was fortunate to spend a week in the rain-forests of Costa Rica recently and spent most evenings out and about with a camera, flash and torch. It was quite a challenge taking pictures in abject darkness, generally in the pouring rain, but
the frogs were spectacular, I am not sure I have done then justice, but here are a few of my favourites - C&C most welcome, I am new to this close-up flash malarkey!

Gladiator frog:

2R4C5512 by Whyone, on Flickr

Smokey Jungle frog (big fellows these!)

2R4C4883 by Whyone, on Flickr

Red-eyed green tree frog:

2R4C4880 by Whyone, on Flickr

2R4C5493 by Whyone, on Flickr

2R4C5484 by Whyone, on Flickr

Baby red-eyed green tree frogs!

2R4C4985 by Whyone, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cat-eyed snake looking for baby red-eyed green tree frogs:

2R4C5849 by Whyone, on Flickr

Hourglass frog:

2R4C5832 by Whyone, on Flickr

Bufo toad...best not to lick these fellows as they are very, very poisonous.....

2R4C5922 by Whyone, on Flickr

Green and black poison dart frog:

2R4C5889 by Whyone, on Flickr

Last edited:
I swear these are some of the best of thier kind that I have ever seen....seriously.

Superb set, costa rica here I come (in the future, maybe, if I cross my fingers and toes)

Awesome set! Sod going near the snake though, are those the frogs that send you waffy if you lick them? (simpsons episode)

Many thanks one and all for looking and taking the time to leave such encouraging comments.

parker455 said:
......are those the frogs that send you waffy if you lick them? (simpsons episode)

Whilst discussing this we were told about a group of ageing hippies from California engaged in a little bufo toad licking hoping and believing this would help them achieve a higher state of consciousness (waffyness I guess?!). What they actually achieved was urgent admission to hospital.

fantastic pics so colorful there are so many species of frog in costa rica and surrounding countries -i'd love to visit.
i keep two species of poison dart frogs as a hobby ,one is from the peru area, they are fantastic to watch and they live in their own little mini rainforest in my front room..

Stunning shots :clap: colours and sharpness are superb,flash looks just right..
Red eyed green frogs look fantastic litle creatures.
Clive

whyone said:
Many thanks one and all for looking and taking the time to leave such encouraging comments.

Whilst discussing this we were told about a group of ageing hippies from California engaged in a little bufo toad licking hoping and believing this would help them achieve a higher state of consciousness (waffyness I guess?!). What they actually achieved was urgent admission to hospital.

Oh dear haha, that's brilliant though.

Absolutely fantastic set, get them on the web (Picture selling sites) and I am sure you will get offers!

Cheers,
Ste

mark richards said:
stunning shots!!! I didn't know until i watched a documentary about poison dart frogs, that they are only poisonous in the wild, if bred in captivity they are harmless...they only get the poison from what they eat in the wild, like beetles....

I did not know that...

Back