Hello from Scottish Highlands.

Name
Mike Cochrane
Edit My Images
No
Hi all.
I don't know why I never searched for or joined a photography forum before. I've been roaming places with a camera for over 3 decades and never been part of a community of like minded people talking apertures and ISOs!

I live in Highland Perthshire and often pop out with the gear for a cheeky mountain or waterfall shot. Have only recently started printing my own at home but it's very rewarding.

Have collected a lot of gear over the years; still have Olympus OM1 35mm film camera and 50mm prime although it's not had a film in it for years. My current load out is a Nikon Z8 which with a 24-120 f4 is my go anywhere do anything camera. I also have a 102Mp medium format Fujifilm GFX100S which with 20-35 or 45-100 is a landscape weapon but takes a little more dedication to hike with....

Looking forward to sharing and learning with you all.

Hi Mike, welcome aboard. That's some nice gear you have there.

There are a few here from around Scotland, myself included.

Look forward to seeing your work.

Welcome from a 'Southern Softee' - doing street-life with my Leica Q & Ricoh GR iii (y)

-8 last night here and snowed afternoon and evening so everything white and icy this morning. Unfortunately I have work to do so despite the mountains looking stunning in morning sun, the cameras are staying in the bag today. Hate it when work gets in the way of photography.....

Hi Mike, welcome aboard. That's some nice gear you have there.

There are a few here from around Scotland, myself included.

Look forward to seeing your work.
Thanks! From which part of the Motherland do you hail? I have a Flickr account but not sure if I can post links to it yet?

Thanks! From which part of the Motherland do you hail? I have a Flickr account but not sure if I can post links to it yet?

I'm South Wales Valleys, born and bred but now I live in Ayrshire.

Once you find your feet and settle into the forums, if you are going to use a host to post images, like Flickr, it will leave a link to your Flickr stream. (y)

Hi Mike, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Welcome to the forum Mike, a lovely part of the world where you are ;)

Thanks all. I'm going on a hike around the mountains on Saturday. Weather will be interesting! Taking a camera, obviously...

I'm South Wales Valleys, born and bred but now I live in Ayrshire.

Once you find your feet and settle into the forums, if you are going to use a host to post images, like Flickr, it will leave a link to your Flickr stream. (y)
Ahh the Ayrshire Riviera! Great stuff. I've not been down there for way too long. There's a wee village called Dunure on the coast south of Ayr I remember taking photos at years ago. I need to schedule a visit.

Back