South-East England Landscape's near Heathrow

Your best bet is South Oxfordshire. Bix, Henley, Goring out that way. There's some lovely villages on the A329 between the M40 & A4074.

I live not far from Heathrow myself and have found I have that there's not much on the doorstep.

If you like water, there are a whole bunch of lakes and reservoirs on the west side of Heathrow and the Grand Union Canal at West Drayton. A little further out near Slough, is Black Park Country Park with a lake and woodlands, backs onto Pinewood Studios and often used for filming.

I live 4 minutes drive from Heathrow airport.

There are plenty of lakes about but you would want to scout them... Access to the position you want 'will almost certainly' require reconnaissance. Happy to chat to the op if you send me a pm. Personally I'm not keen on black park - but the lake is ok...

What do you want to shoot?

I've always thought that the view from the top of Stokenchurch Hill whilst travelling north bound on the M40 would be great for a snap or two. Don't know how you would get up there though.

Stokenchurch, Chinnor, Windsor & Eton and Swinley Forest near Crowthorne.

There are plenty of lakes about but you would want to scout them... Access to the position you want 'will almost certainly' require reconnaissance. Happy to chat to the op if you send me a pm. Personally I'm not keen on black park - but the lake is ok...

You can't be far away from me then....... I'm North of the airport.

Sorry Pete somehow missed your message this morning I have sent you a PM

I've always thought that the view from the top of Stokenchurch Hill whilst travelling north bound on the M40 would be great for a snap or two. Don't know how you would get up there though.

Thanks Peter I quite often go to Watlington Hill which I think is better than Stokenchurch hill. Plenty of Red Kites as well.

Stokenchurch, Chinnor, Windsor & Eton and Swinley Forest near Crowthorne.

Thanks Barry

Appreciate all the help guys :clap::clap:

I'm also north of the airport , 2 mins from jct 4, m4 - harmondsworth end of west Drayton

West Drayton here also, Stockley Estate.

Graham, there is a lake not far from the Airport (5 minutes from my place) called Little Britain which is a Heronry. I haven't been down for a couple of weeks but I would imagine the Herons are back and either making their nests or mating, as they start a bit earlier than most.

Here's a link: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5204713,-0.4883047,16.24z?hl=en

Zoom out to see how to get there. The river around the back often shows the odd Kingfisher, and apart from your usual birds, Nut Hatches, Treecreepers and LTT's are quite regular around the lake.

You also have at least one GSW there too, on the east side of the lake

Virginia water! Windsor great park! A castle near by....... What's it called? [emoji12]

Back