Locations in Scotland/Lakes help please

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys. On the week begining 7th May, I am spending 3 days in Keswick, and the rest of the week at Perth in Scotland.

Does anyone know these areas and could suggest wildlife spots for photography. In particular I enjoy bird photography, but any wildlife is of interest.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers, Trev

Last edited:
I understand that at least one of the Ospreys' are now back at Bassenthwaite Lake. They may have decided by the time you are there which side of the lake they will nest by then. Walking down the side of the river Greta has always been good to me (when the weather is nice). You could walk the road on the side of Latrigg, or take the Riverisde walk, to Threlkeld then come back via the old railway line. Would say get up early as when it gets busy the more shy wildlife goes back under cover. There tends to be plenty of ducks and geese around Derwent water, if you are there early then may be worth a walk into Cockshot wood.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Mark, some good info, and I'll look into the Ospreys too, that would be great. Cheers (y)

Thanks for taking the time to answer Stan, its appreciated. I have done some research on the net, but personal recommendations are far better. Cheers (y)

Red Squirels can be seen in Dodd Wood Nr Keswick- Ive just come back from a week there and got some 1st rate shots- also a nesting pair of Ospreys are on the adjadcent Bassenthwaite lake

Breakfast for Red by Lez325, on Flickr

have a good trip

Les

Thanks for that Les, and love the pic, thats a must do then. Cheers, and with any luck I'll post some shots when we get back (y)

Loch of the Lowes will get you Ospreys and loads of little birds and the Great crested grebes are mating at the moment up there, there are a few other places but really depends on how far you wish to travel.(y)

Last edited:
Thanks Neil and Phil, am looking forward to the trip and the wildlife. Its good of you to take the time to advise me (y)

Back