Michael

Name
alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Excellent category, I am quite new, and in an attempt to understand the basics of shutter speed, I managed to get this shot of our eldest. The image I posted on his facebook had a couple of bunny ears... not so cool.

IMG]http://
michael.jpg
[/IMG]

That's a very unusual shot, all the better for not being conformist. I see what you mean about the ears, even in this one. I too suffer (lol) from this disability ;) (Mine are worse, tbh :) )
How did you light it?
Cool choice of camera, too. I've got the Canon 550D very recently but still can't decide if I made the right choice trading my e620 in :(

That's a very unusual shot, all the better for not being conformist. I see what you mean about the ears, even in this one. I too suffer (lol) from this disability ;) (Mine are worse, tbh :) )
How did you light it?
Cool choice of camera, too. I've got the Canon 550D very recently but still can't decide if I made the right choice trading my e620 in :(

Thank you Mike, It is unusual to get teenagers to sit for 5 mins, but the opportunity for him to take his shirt off was too good to miss, I used a maglite with the end covered, stood behind him and run the light around the torso.

I mentioned in another thread for olympus owners, that admitting you have one, is a bit like admitting to an unhealthy vice, I got it second hand with a great lens for the same price as a 500d which I was looking at.

the opportunity for him to take his shirt off was too good to miss
My 21yr old is a martial artist, studying Sport Science at Uni. Hard to get him to keep his top on (poser!) lol.
I mentioned in another thread for olympus owners, that admitting you have one, is a bit like admitting to an unhealthy vice, I got it second hand with a great lens for the same price as a 500d which I was looking at.
At the risk of upsetting CanNik owners, I'm very underwhelmed by the 550D. Sure it's a good camera, no argument there: BUT: The Oly gave me more for a lot less. Mostly better, especially the glass. Canon and Nikon can't compete with the quality of kit lenses. The main reason I switched was Liam's competitions (MMA, Kung-Fu, Kick Boxing) and I needed the superior high ISO, Olympus' Achilles Heel :( Scratch that. The only reason.

This is an edit of the same, my only regret was not shooting in raw, and taking as a low resolution jpeg. I suppose a lot of photography has regrets and missed opportunities!

5532875557_a21cfdea42.jpg

Depends on it's usage. If it's just for 'tinternet, anything more than about 1024 longest side and 72dpi is wasted, anyway.

especially the glass. Canon and Nikon can't compete with the quality of kit lenses. The main reason I switched was Liam's competitions (MMA, Kung-Fu, Kick Boxing) and I needed the superior high ISO, Olympus' Achilles Heel :( Scratch that. The only reason.

I got a 14-54mm lens with the camera and realised how much more important the glass was than some of the features, I have yet to discover the limitations, such as iso etc as a beginner, but I would not trade the lens.

Thank you guy's for your comment's, this is my first post for critique !!! I feel much better....

Depends on it's usage. If it's just for 'tinternet, anything more than about 1024 longest side and 72dpi is wasted, anyway.

I was going to have it enlarged, but it is such a low quality image. But I have learned that it's best to keep the resolution higher.

Back