my new steed

Edit My Images
Yes
i know a few of you on here ride bikes. thought i'd post up a pic of my new machine. specialized supercross sx 04 with bomber freerides. finished her yesterday - well mostly, just waiting for a rear brake hose. it's a kinda all mountain thing, should go uphill ok but will hammer down pretty good too.

DSC_4055.jpg

Hmmm - those eccentric hubs should make for an interesting ride! :LOL:

That looks cool :D I still haven't got a bike! (savings for one though!).

White tubes, but no L ;)

Nice bike, no nothing about them, but its certainly looks the business to me (y)

Ride safely :D

up hills!
up hills you say.........:cautious:

Your gear ratios aren't wide enough to get you up a kerb ;)

Have fun on it m8, the fast bits will be a hoot (y)

Where's the engine?

that, up hill?... and where's y'saddle goning matey?!! 'ach, what you be wantin' is a nippy hard tail! - if your bleedin' mad - a single speed fully rigid but then thats only if you want to shatter your wrists ;)
either way nice wheels, what brakes are they? looks xt on the back hope/magura up front?

ah ha, a spotter. :) the front is an original hope hydraulic disc brake, before the open/closed division was made. was £250 back in the 90's! the rear is a hope enduro 4 i think, got it s/h for £30 last week.

i sold my hardtail to fund this one, had enough of it. figured it was time to go full bounce full time but didn't want a proper 8inch+ dh bike at the min. the gear ratios are a little odd, but that's cos there's an ultegra cassette on there, it'll be replaced by an xtr one when i find one for a good price. the last 7-8 years year of bmx has given the old thighs enough power to cope with single rings too.

a quick raise and tilt of the saddle and a lockdown of the forks and it'll go straight uphill. only 4.5" travel so not too much bouncing :) only has to do it occasionally tho, i'd prefer a lift to the top!

and yeah, i'd love a nice singlespeed, a mate just got those lovely old skinny crank bros cranks for his for a tenner!

are these bikes a little over-engineered these days? very nice mind, very nice indeed

yes if you're just riding to the shops or doing footpaths, but no if you intend to jump 20ft gaps or do 10ft drops as we were doing yesterday (small for some people, big enough for me having not ridden much for a couple of years).

'proper' downhill bikes have 8-10 inches of travel on them these days and whilst i find them a bit overkill for most uk courses, they have their place on some and come into their own in the french alps at summer time. it's a whole different sport to what most people think of as mountain biking.

mind you mine can happily be used for normal riding too, in fact i was rather pleased at how well i could ride back up the hill after, laughing at my mates on big bikes.

Back