Scotland NE Scotland

nc_killie

POTY (Joint) 2016
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone give any advice on some of the RSPB reserves and their suitability for photography? Thinking of going next week to Fowlsheugh, Troup Head, Loch of Strathbeg and .....? Going for birds and wildlife. Any suggestions welcome, thank you.

I've been to Troup Head and got great shots of the gannets, but it was at the end of March last year when I went.

I regularly visit Troup Head for the Gannets and think its great and very quiet (human wise). There are 3 main areas I like to go. When you come through the gate at the cliffs if you go straight on there is a bank which the younger birds use and are quite close then as you move round to the left there is the main viewing area and then follow the path further and at the very end of the reserve you can get good shots of some of the gannets higher on the cliff.

If you're interested I can send you google maps screenshots of where I mean. EDIT: - just realised I'm probably too late but offer is still there.

Neil

Last edited:
I regularly visit Troup Head for the Gannets and think its great and very quiet (human wise). There are 3 main areas I like to go. When you come through the gate at the cliffs if you go straight on there is a bank which the younger birds use and are quite close then as you move round to the left there is the main viewing area and then follow the path further and at the very end of the reserve you can get good shots of some of the gannets higher on the cliff.

If you're interested I can send you google maps screenshots of where I mean. EDIT: - just realised I'm probably too late but offer is still there.

Neil
thanks Neil - I agree with your comments although the parts to the left were partially taped off due to gannets nesting too close to the ‘path’ although some idiots just ignored it!

Back