Sark

DorsetDude

Spud
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all

Im pndering 3 days in Sark next week. Wonder if anyone could recommend somewhere to stay thats handy for a pint and a pie in the evening? If less than £100 per night all the better!

Also be interested in good spots for landscape photos and what birdlife might be there in May.

Thanks all.

Hotels are expensive but there are plenty of good B&Bs - check with the Visitor Centre on 01481832345. A good one is Sue Guille's B&B. Her husband George offers round the island boat trips and knows all about the bird life. On shore the best bird watching and photography is on the cliff top paths and wooded valleys going down to the coves and beaches.

Thanks David

Trip didnt pan out for this week but I want to go at some point. I think the B&B I rang and had arranged may have been Sue's one, if Sue is short for Suzette.

Fantastic place, I love it there. It's a good idea to book bike hire if you want an easier way round the island, it tends to get a lot of day trippers and you can find all the bikes are gone sometimes (avenue cycles or A2B are both decent). This probably isn't so much of a problem in spring as it is in summer when I'm usually there , but I thought it's worth mentioning :)

They have had Dartford warbler on the island, but they are possibly gone due to a large area of gorse being ripped up for a vineyard. The people in the tourist information office can often point out the good spots for wildlife on a map, they know the island extremely well.

The ruins of the silver mine on Little Sark can be a good place for landscape photos, worth a trip.

Last edited:
Back