Show us yer film shots then!

Couple of test shots from me that really only illustrate how little I've remembered from when I used to do this more often!

Kiev 4AM Test

Kiev 4AM, Helios-103, Ilford HP5+ (expired), manually metered, stand dev. 1hr Rodinal 1:100

Test shot taken on the Kiev 4AM I bought recently using a roll of HP5+ that I took off a bulk roll which expired some time ago. A lot of adjustment was needed in Lightroom to get something I'm vaguely happy with, partly due to problems with my light meter app and mostly my rustiness.

Nikon FE2 Tri-X Test by _Strappy_, on Flickr

Nikon FE2, Nikon 50mm f/1.4, Kodak Tri-X, stand dev 1hr Rodinal 1:100

Shot taken in Cornwall a few years ago, the film had sat in the camera since then until I developed it with the Kiev film. Less adjustment was needed but still highlights that a lot more work on my part is required.

All in all, nothing special but at least I'm taking pictures again. Next step, I think, is to locate my bulk winder and stick to working with one film for a few reels until I'm getting something more usable.

In all honesty, the colours are a surprise as the film is Kodak Portra 160.
Perhaps I need to look at my scanner settings.

Took the Pentax 645N out for a spin. Had driven past this on my way home each day for a week or so and ventured out but the lighting was never quite the same...

0015-35029.jpg

Attachments

• 0011-0a6ff.jpg
    0011-0a6ff.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 0013-12178.jpg
    0013-12178.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Gradually getting my interest back taking shots and sent three films off to filmdev and they were up to 1.5 years old and not stored in freezer, using kodak gold 100, 200 and ultramax expired 2004 to 2006 didn't help as so disappointed with most of them, and from my previous post "what you see by eye doesn't mean the photo would great" :(
Anyway something amusing.... Robin chicks through a window started with 3 or 4 and the tweet got around to all chicks in the area and at one time there were seven (some looked older with longer tails).
914jTrU.jpg

Back