SKOMER

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm a amateur but love to take photos of wildlife, but birds mainly.

I have discovered red kites and recently been to Skomer, last weekend.

Why, well skomer is one of the few Island where you can see puffins! Being scottish I have seen them at Bass rock but now live in the south of England and, well it's a bit far to go.

I spent last weekend there and it was great, way beyond what I was expecting, and before you get ahead of your selfs I wasn't expecting a lot due to the recent weather.

It was a great weekend, the weather was great , to the point I got sun burnt, badly, but the photos I got where incredible.

I never though I would get so close to a puffin, when I say close I am tailing 50 cm away, no lie.

These creatures are so fearless, or so used to seeing us humans that they almost pretend they are not there.

Anyway, not many people have heard of Skomer, but if you are a keen photographer and like birds then put it on your list. The landscape is fantastic, blue bells as far as you can see, i got some really cool shots :), and the views are incredible.

It;s one for anyone list, it took me 3 hours to drive there, and I wasn't disappointed.

Finally, Puffins, they are the cutest things in the world, if you have never seen them real life up front you will fall in love with the little fellows!

Give it a go, but be early for the boats as there is only 3 of them, at least an hour before or you might never get to the Island.

best regards
Derek.

Back