Scotland Skye tomorrow....Elgol? Other beach locations

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Off to Skye tomorrow starting wth Elgol...shooting looks pretty limited there...is it possible to shoot both left and right of the jetty? Any other beach locations worth shooting?

There is one whole coastline! Point camera at it and you can’t go far wrong! [emoji23]

Talisker is worth a look and deffo go for Neist point.

I can imagine its gonna be busy up there it being half term week, most roads are single carriage way and parking is at a premium so get to the places early mate.

Have a good'n

The whole island and its a big island, is packed full of locations, if you have an eye for a composition you will not stop pressing the shutter.

Cheers but I have limited time and already have a couple of inland locations earmarked....just wondered on the Elgol location specifically.

Talisker is worth a look and deffo go for Neist point.

I can imagine its gonna be busy up there it being half term week, most roads are single carriage way and parking is at a premium so get to the places early mate.

Have a good'n

Hi mate...

Have Elgol, Fairy Pools and possibly Neist point.....Talisker is not too far from Fairy Pools so may check that out....have you photographed Elgol Rich?

Been up here four days and it's rained constantly....only taken a few images so far, hopefully tomorrow may be better...530 start tomorrow...

Last edited:
Hi mate...

Have Elgol, Fairy Pools and possibly Neist point.....Talisker is not too far from Fairy Pools so may check that out....have you photographed Elgol Rich?

Been up here four days and it's rained constantly....only taken a few images so far, hopefully tomorrow may be better...530 start tomorrow...

Nightmare mate :-(

Hope it cheers up tomorrow.

Yeah have photo'd Elgol. You need to walk along the beach to right a few hundred yards to get the best foreground. Light was rubbish when I was there but it's ever changeable and stunning to see. On the way down the road there are some small waters/lakes that have some beautiful reeds with the mountain backdrop. If it's calm it's well worth a look.

Nightmare mate :-(

Hope it cheers up tomorrow.

Yeah have photo'd Elgol. You need to walk along the beach to right a few hundred yards to get the best foreground. Light was rubbish when I was there but it's ever changeable and stunning to see. On the way down the road there are some small waters/lakes that have some beautiful reeds with the mountain backdrop. If it's calm it's well worth a look.

Thanks Rich....I'll be sure to check it out....thanks again mate.

Yeah have photo'd Elgol. You need to walk along the beach to right a few hundred yards to get the best foreground. Light was rubbish when I was there but it's ever changeable and stunning to see. On the way down the road there are some small waters/lakes that have some beautiful reeds with the mountain backdrop. If it's calm it's well worth a look.[/QUOTE]

:plus1:

If its raining and miserable then I would suggest Fairy Pools, if nothing else it will bring out the lovely blue colour of the waterfalls etc, although your out in the elements with no shelter.

Just got back after a 16 hour day, managed Elgol, Fairy Pools and Neist point.....weather generally very good...cheers for the advice chaps.

Looking forward to seeing the photos. Shame I've only just seen this post because I live on Skye and visit Elgol frequently. For next time get in touch and drop in for a chat/coffee and a few pointers to more out of the way spots. Also you might want to check out a Facebook group I have set up called All Things Cuillin which has lots of photos and info and also several members of this parish post there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165143940728168/

Elgol is great, lots of different foregrounds and you can use a long lens to pick out details in the distance. Don't rule out the Storr and Quairing, they are honey spots for a reason. The view at Tarscavaig is good, but the Elgol one I prefer.

Back