The Recycled Bridge

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay I've hassled the mod's enough for this section to be added to the forum so I guess it's time to show that it's going to be a welcome addition to the forum, I'm going to go out at the weekend and shoot some stuff specifically to go into this section (y) to all the night artists of TP let's make this out own little home :D

I've to my knowledge no given this it's own dedicated thread on TP

212/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

About the photo, I wanted to have a go at giving an location a bit of colour something that you may not see in real life (y)

This was all achieved with coloured plastic recycled from drinks bottles (y)

How it was achieved, this was done with my 430EX2 flash gun fired using the pilot button on the flash gun, holding the coloured plastic over the flash to give the colour, approx 15 seconds of colour was applied to each area, and then the images were merged into one using startrails.de software

Total exposure was 59 exposures of 15 seconds

C&C as always welcome

Matt
MWHCVT

Hiya Matt,

:banana: ....well done .... I see the Mods gave in to your Jaffa cake bribe :LOL:

I'm really excited about this new forum and I guess I will be spending quite a bit of time here as this is the sort of thing I am most into with my photography.

Thanks to you for your advice and tutorials about light painting and star trails, I am now addicted :D

One thing I still have to try is something similar to this photo .... which I think is fantastic and quite creative indeed. Has me thinking of places where I can do this sort of light painting.

There is a canal bridge not far from me that has loads of graffiti which I think could work quite well for this type of shot. I'll give it a try some time soon.

Thanks too for suggesting the creation of this forum I'm sure there will be great interest and many visitors to same.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Matt,

:banana: ....well done .... I see the Mods gave in to your Jaffa cake bribe :LOL:

I'm really excited about this new forum and I guess I will be spending quite a bit of time here as this is the sort of thing I am most into with my photography.

Thanks to you for your advice and tutorials about light painting and star trails, I am now addicted :D

One thing I still have to try is something similar to this photo .... which I think is fantastic and quite creative indeed. Has me thinking of places where I can do this sort of light painting.

There is a canal bridge not far from me that has loads of graffiti which I think could work quite well for this type of shot. I'll give it a try some time soon.

Thanks too for suggesting the creation of this forum I'm sure there will be great interest and many visitors to same.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks Dawn, I look forward to seeing any effort's that you come up with as I'm sure they will be brilliant and really creative (y)

I would love to claim responsibility for this forum but that would be wrong it was not just my suggestion (y) though it will make a nice anniversary present (y) I'll have been on TP for 1 year on Saturday :eek:

Matt

Very interesting image and thanks for the explanations, (can't say I fully understand, will need to read a couple of times!) - think this could be an interesting section of the site. :)

A worthy start to the thread Matt and a fresh concept on night photography.
(y)

Very interesting image and thanks for the explanations, (can't say I fully understand, will need to read a couple of times!) - think this could be an interesting section of the site. :)

Thanks for the comment's I hope that you get to spend some time in this section and post a few threads, feel free to get in touch if you need any help with this type of thing :D at to the stacking and the star trail element of this there is lot's of information within my guide there is a link in my signature (y)

A worthy start to the thread Matt and a fresh concept on night photography.
(y)

Thanks Stuart (y) I'm really pleased that this section has been given approval :D I hope it proves popular :D

Matt

I'm going to have to learn patience to take that many exposures an PP them together :)
But obviously, from your shot, the result is worth it!

Carter64 said:
I'm going to have to learn patience to take that many exposures an PP them together :)
But obviously, from your shot, the result is worth it!

Thanks, there is a lot of patience in most night work (y) but as this shows the results are normally worth it :D There was about 4 minute work on the lighting (y) done by my brother in law and fellow member Darrell (thedodo) and then we sat and ate our dinner at 3am :D we had finished doing a disco at a local bar a hour earlier ;)

As to the PP there was a little bit of clone work etc but the stacking was all handled by startrails.de software (y) see my guide to star trails for more information :D there's a link in my signature

Matt

Do you reckon the mods will lend me a bed?, think i may get a lil too comfy in this forum:D

I've posted more replies in this sub forum in the last 30mins than I have in total (critique) for months. That's either 'cos I'm at home here ;) or a rather nice Shiraz :)

Carter64 said:
I've posted more replies in this sub forum in the last 30mins than I have in total (critique) for months. That's either 'cos I'm at home here ;) or a rather nice Shiraz :)

(y) it's something that I think TP has needed for a while hopefully it's going to be really popular (y) I'm pleased your enjoying the section ;)

Matt

Just hope that no-one gets too upset with my nit-picking.
Tis the way I'm hard-wired. You get more lee-way with an AI algorithm :) Not to nit-pick, essentially, but rather not to always consider the human element.
I'll say this only once, while it's quiet in here. 25+yrs ago, I had a psychologist and doctor arguing if I was Aspergic or SPD (Schizoid Personality Disorder). I left them to it. I found no relevance in returning.

Just hope that no-one gets too upset with my nit-picking.
Tis the way I'm hard-wired. You get more lee-way with an AI algorithm :) Not to nit-pick, essentially, but rather not to always consider the human element.
I'll say this only once, while it's quiet in here. 25+yrs ago, I had a psychologist and doctor arguing if I was Aspergic or SPD (Schizoid Personality Disorder). I left them to it. I found no relevance in returning.

You will get not issue's from me, I'm the guy that will clone most things out of my images if I don't like it :LOL: I'm sure a doctor would be able to say I have some condition because I'm always looking for the perfect image :LOL:

Stick around here (y) I know you'll feel welcome here (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Great idea with the colours I like it, I still want to have a go at the star-trails following your tutorial but until the weather clears I can't, November should be good for a try,

Looks like a lot of work there Matt, with the gels / plastic.
Certainly gives the scene a colourful look and the trails work very well on it too.

shotokan101 said:
Nice one Matt - loook forwards to seeing many more :)

Jim

Thanks Jim, there will be a lot to come to get this new forum up an running with a big bang (y)

Billy said:
Great idea with the colours I like it, I still want to have a go at the star-trails following your tutorial but until the weather clears I can't, November should be good for a try,

I look forward to seeing your efforts Billy hopefully you will get a nice clear night soon (y) though you don't need a clear night to give the lighting a practice :D

Rockshifter said:
Looks like a lot of work there Matt, with the gels / plastic.
Certainly gives the scene a colourful look and the trails work very well on it too.

Thanks, Charles there was a fair bit of work, when we lit this up first we did a practice on the lighting to make sure we were going to get it right and then we did the real one :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Okay I've hassled the mod's enough for this section to be added to the forum Matt
MWHCVT

Too bloody right you did :p
Any chance of some peace and quiet now Matt?

(Still waiting on that pallet load of Jaffa cakes to be delivered BTW ;)

Too bloody right you did :p
Any chance of some peace and quiet now Matt?

(Still waiting on that pallet load of Jaffa cakes to be delivered BTW ;)

Doubt it :naughty: and as to the Jaffa Cakes Marcel told me it was okay to send them to his home address :thinking: :LOL: So what did you :thinking: of the picture :LOL:

Matt

Doubt it :naughty: and as to the Jaffa Cakes Marcel told me it was okay to send them to his home address :thinking: :LOL:
There'll be tears before bedtime in that case :bat:

So what did you :thinking: of the picture :LOL:

Matt

In all honesty, not my thing Matt ;)
But I hope you (all) enjoy being creative and making this forum a huge success (y)

There'll be tears before bedtime in that case :bat:

In all honesty, not my thing Matt ;)
But I hope you (all) enjoy being creative and making this forum a huge success (y)

:LOL: :LOL: I'm hoping to sort some more things for threads in this forum this weekend, If I have to spend hours a day on TP to make it a success I will :LOL: actually :thinking: I already do spend hours a day on here :cautious:

I appreciate this photo will not be for everyone, but it's always worth trying :LOL:

Don't be too hard on Marcel it's an addiction we should be trying to help him :naughty:

Last edited:
Back