1 togger, 1 subject

Name
Malc
Edit My Images
No
Inspired by George's "Togger & subject" I thought I'd upload this, taken in Cheshire Street off of Brick Lane. We were a group of 5 toggers and the lad in the shot came out of Cloak & Dagger Tatoos to ask about the equipment we were all using. Turned out he was a Fuji user.
The togger here, Colin, does a great deal of street portraits in the Brick Lane area, and has in fact published a book of some of the shoots. He has also given out a book about the London Colour Walk which is based in Spitalfields Market.
DSCF4087 by Malc Bernhard, on Flickr

my first impression is that the shot is maybe a little tight, maybe it's because I'm using 35mm and 28mm and I find it difficult to get that close in - is it a full image or is it cropped?

I'm still unsure about how to really process B & W - I'm sure that there are many ways depending on the subject, but they all look OK to me

Of course technically it's good but I don't really like "decorated" bodies - so I'm "so, so" on the subject matter

Thanks for posting

I'm guessing it's cropped from an 18-200 lens, maybe could have included all of the bag or crop closer?
I suspect it has more meaning to the 5 of you than it will for most of us here, like Bill I'm not a fan of body art but happy to photograph it ... was it coloured?

That's a very nice candid street style capture Malc, liking this pic' very much.

@BillN_33
Thanks for the comment. Not a crop, this is the full frame.
@gramps
Know what you mean about the bag, but as this is the full frame, not a lot to be done with that and I didn't want to crop closer and lose more of the togger. As you yourself know, we can't always get perfect composition when on the streets. :)

Back