1st Studio Shoot

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi managed to get into the studio today first time, today was a setup day learn about lights direction of said light and general studio used three lights two front one on the BG, youngest daughter was the model unpaid but I'll pay for it in the long run, so looking for thoughts ideas what to do different, but all said had a great day, thanks for looking.

3598044915_5eb0600f9a_o.jpg

3598044917_c12e665b6c_o.jpg

3598044921_81570ea8ca_b.jpg

Bloody hell i must of nailed this protrait stuff or i'm c#@p at it nearly 100 views and two replys, i was looking for a bit of advice on how to improve, had a great day but come on i can take it and want to learn, other wise its the blind leading the blind

Nice pictures, I spy with my little eye a little bit of dirt on the last on. I take it that was a white wall with 1 background light?

My tips would be get another background light to make it all plain white and maybe a smile on the first one, Overall there good.

Last edited:
personally i think its a very good first effort.

couple minor niggles but you asked for it...

the background appears to be grey, was this intentional?
the background in all of the pictures changes from whitish to grey, puts me off slightly.
you cut off models elbow slightly in the second shot.
there is a mark on your sensor as can be seen in shot 1 and 3.

these are meant to be taken as my opinion and in no way an insult!
very good effort for a first time studio session.

Very well done on the lighting, best of the lot is the last one.

I would be tempted to remove one of the catchlights from your models eyes in the first two.

On another note I think you have a bit of dirt on your sensor, bottom left in each of these shots, should be easy enough to clone out until you can get it cleaned.

Thanks this is what I wanted

the background appears to be grey, was this intentional?
the background in all of the pictures changes from whitish to grey, puts me off slightly.
you cut off models elbow slightly in the second shot.
there is a mark on your sensor as can be seen in shot 1 and 3.

had tha BG light coming in from the side in the first two think thats what giving the off white to grey think next time I'll put it down abd behind
elbows all day kept putting model to the right of the picture, seems its the way I'm looking through the camera,

I would be tempted to remove one of the catchlights from your models eyes in the first two.

On another note I think you have a bit of dirt on your sensor, bottom left in each of these shots, should be easy enough to clone out until you can get it cleaned.

Was thinking about the catch lights will try on another photo
also first time I've notice the dirt on the sensor

Thanks again

Back