2 from yesterday

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
To celebrate the return of the tourists leaving I decided to take a trip to the Alps (French Side)
I went to one of my favourite sites and this Ringlet would not leave us alone, It landed on my legs, groin I was dressed, honest) my partners hair and finally I managed to get it on my finger.
This is the result, Take a trip over to my flickr for a better viewing experience.

Ringlet on finger by Provence Photography 83, on Flickr

This Silver Spotted Skipper was having a doze and it was a bit colder for it to fly so I obliged and offered it my finger for warmth, well it was really a one sided affair to my advantage.
SS Skipper by Provence Photography 83, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Cracking work Graham would love to see a skipper ?
Thanks Kevin, got to thank the butterflies as well for their participation.
I got no idea how far north they are but I have seen that they are in Oxfordshire.

Last edited:
Cracking work Graham would love to see a skipper ?
I have seen them in essex.

I want to know how you got them on your finger - I find butterflies the most skittish of all creatures.

I have seen them in essex.

I want to know how you got them on your finger - I find butterflies the most skittish of all creatures.
Hi Dave,
When the weather is colder/rainy than other warmer days and you find a butterfly just sitting on a flower head and doing nothing then it`s possible to offer your finger to them for the warmth and they should/may climb on board, That was the Skipper, The Ringlet was easier, no coaxing for this one as it wanted some body salt from me/us and would not stop flying around us and landing anywhere it could.

Very nice - are you a Butterfly Whisperer :)

Les

Seems you have a talent with little ones. They all dance for you. Nice snaps.

Back