20d

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hmmm...saw the 20D for £799 [body only] yesterday in Jacobs' Bloomsbury shop window. A hundred quid less than when I looked a couple of weeks ago. Might wander in to see the comedy price they'll offer for a 300D in p/ex.

Bachs said:
I'm holding out for the 1d MKII so I can take shots of my retirement do.

Mine should be here tomorrow.. :banana:

The 20D has now gone.. :beer:

busterboy said:
Mine should be here tomorrow.. :banana:

:shock: :shock: Enjoy :thumb:

dod said:
:shock: :shock: Enjoy :thumb:

Cheers mate, Had it in my mind for a while I wanted one so why wait.. :woot:

The extra speed at focusing when at airshows etc will help things along.. :)

Doesn't the Mk II have full weather proofing? My camera and a 17-40L got a tad splashed by seawater the other week - all seems ok but was a bit worried about the corrosive effects and gritty sand getting in all the places it shouldn't do (/childhood memories of sandy sarnies on Swange beach).

milou said:
Doesn't the Mk II have full weather proofing?

Yes mate full weatherproofing.. :)

In fact for the extra money you pay for the 1d series it should be able to swim.. :LOL:

£150 p/ex for a 9 month old 300d black-bodied version. Hardly worth it.

milou said:
£150 p/ex for a 9 month old 300d black-bodied version. Hardly worth it.

Yes thats a bad deal however if the 20D really calls your name consider selling your 300D privately. I am sure it will return much more than the poor offer Jessops have put on the table and may then put the 20D within your reach.

When I got my 20D I was ready to sell my S602 to help finance it. But.... £100+ was all I would get either Jessops or Ebay. So having had the experience of the 602 going back to Fuji for FOUR WEEKS for a new optical unit (warranty job) I've decided to keep it as backup - plus it's great for pick-up and go. I mean when you're spending a grand+ on a new camera and lens whats a hundred.

regards

I think I'll sell the 300d privately. I wasn't sure about needing a second camera. Must admit very tempted by the Mark II due to the weather-proofing although obviously that'll deplete the savings account a little more. A bit of me thinks "Get it, enjoy it" and worry about topping up the account over the next few months.

If you do decide to sell privately can you give me a nod? I'm in the market for a new camera and it may be just what I'm looking for.......

Back