99p film processing

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I have just had my first film developed at Tescos as has Mrs C and whilst there I was speaking to the processing chap. Their price to develop a film to negs is just 99 pence YES 99p they will then transfer the whole set to disc for 97 pence !!!

So £1.96 to develop a film of either 24 or 36 exp with all the pictures on disc (same price for APS).

You can then switch to normal processing from 5p per picture for overnight processing - 150+ prints at 6x4 are 5p each.

Now I think that price is quite cheap!! They will also leave the negs in one strip or chop them and stick them in envelopes.

Thought I would pass this on as a top deal.

Just had two films done. Mrs C had forgotten to set her ISO till 3/4 way through the film so most of hers are over exposed but some really good shots at the end of the film. Mine all look good but no point of reference!

I have 20 films to send which have been stored in the fridge. I will let you all know.

***Well I have just had my first film developed at Tescos as has Mrs C and whilst there I was speaking to the processing chap. Their price to develop a film to negs is just 99 pence YES 99p they will then transfer the whole set to disc for 97 pence !!!***

HUH Tesco at Watford said they didn't just develope film and the price had gone up, so 24 prints 6X4 was £5 inc.....that was about 2 weeks ago.

***Well I have just had my first film developed at Tescos as has Mrs C and whilst there I was speaking to the processing chap. Their price to develop a film to negs is just 99 pence YES 99p they will then transfer the whole set to disc for 97 pence !!!***

HUH Tesco at Watford said they didn't just develope film and the price had gone up, so 24 prints 6X4 was £5 inc.....that was about 2 weeks ago.

My local Tesco told me today that they will do that, maybe another one near you will.

My local Tesco told me today that they will do that, maybe another one near you will.

Well today, got them to develope the film only, and told them about the price of 99p, but they said it's £1.99? Well I'm all for getting something cheap, but lets face it 99p is a ridiculous price and would only encourage them to stop doing film as there is no decent profit in it.

Well today, got them to develope the film only, and told them about the price of 99p, but they said it's £1.99? Well I'm all for getting something cheap, but lets face it 99p is a ridiculous price and would only encourage them to stop doing film as there is no decent profit in it.

Daft isn't it 99p at my local one, £1.99 at your local one and "No we dont do that" at another !!

I am hoping the 99p thing stays because I have 25 films to get developed !!

Daft isn't it 99p at my local one, £1.99 at your local one and "No we dont do that" at another !!

I am hoping the 99p thing stays because I have 25 films to get developed !!

Well if it's 99p or £1.99 the quality is very good:-

Canon 28mm fd bayonet superia 100 asa
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/canon28.jpg

..and I've wondered how the negs sometimes had feint scratches across, well I was asked "did I want it cut into strips or left in one piece", well I said "cut them please" and the operator used an old fashioned method like a guillotine..........well the handling could cause scratches, so I'll have it uncut next time.

Well if it's 99p or £1.99 the quality is very good:-

Canon 28mm bayonet superia 100 asa
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/canon28.jpg

..and I've wondered how the negs sometimes had feint scratches across, well I was asked "did I want it cut into strips or left in one piece", well I said "cut them please" and the operator used an old fashioned method like a guillotine..........well the handling could cause scratches, so I'll have it uncut next time.

I watched the lad cutting the negs into strips and pocketing them into plastic pockets. He was using a machine clearly designed for the process.

***I watched the lad cutting the negs into strips and pocketing them into plastic pockets. He was using a machine clearly designed for the process.**

Well if you have a scratch going across the neg, how would it get there? We all know about scratches and tramlines going along the length of the film.

Stop press:-

Went to Morrisons for some food and they do printing huh! I kept asking the girl "if I put a film in you can develope and do prints"...Yes she said and the price for 48 hr service is up to 27 6"X4" prints £2.69 or up to 36 £3.43
On the machine is a sticker with Agfa dunno whether it's prints or make of machine.

Well this 99p dev for negs at Tesco is in the air as at Watford they say no, but at Slough they do it...............yep I've argued with the counter staff at Watford and they say the Slough branch has made a mistake.
The Watford staff are idiots as on the price sheet it says 99p + 99p and I said what are the two 99ps for?
Their answer\ well the other 99p is for a CD...
Me\ but I don't want a CD?
Them\ why don't you want a CD....d'oh
Well I should really bring in the store manager for a ruling....maybe next time.

It is 99p at my local store and I have used it with the normal turn round time of an hour.

On another forum, I assume the store is in the US....Walmart dev 120 film plus prints for $1.50, and 120 E6 for $4.
erm Walmart own Asda, I'll see if I can get the same deal in the UK..........yeah and cows can fly.

really 120 :O thats lush

I want to use my medium format cameras again...and in the UK there is no way of getting the colour negs developed cheaply.
No matter how many cheap workers we let into the UK nothing becomes cheap.

I hear good things about home dev ing slides

aparently home dev prints are xpensive and complimacated :D

Been there done it, now just want to take colour neg shots and let others get their hands wet...although don't mind doing B/W developing of negs now and again.

A question for you, Cowasaki.

What's the res of the scanned files (or more to the point, what are the pixel dimensions)? In the past, I've only been able to get cheap scans done at "300dpi, mate". Fortunately, that was the resolution when printed (to 6x4) but no real use for bigger prints (OKish up to A5).

easy enough to work back from the files they scanned, 35mm frame being 24mm X 36mm - scan res. of 2400dpi gives approx 3402x2268px files...

(egg sucking mode off) ;)

easy enough to work back from the files they scanned, 35mm frame being 24mm X 36mm - scan res. of 2400dpi gives approx 3402x2268px files...

(egg sucking mode off) ;)

I know but I'm not actually near my computer at the moment!

I know but I'm not actually near my computer at the moment!

Knew there had to be a real reason!

As Nod said - average D&P machine op. would have probably trotted out the "300dpi mate" line.

I got exactly the same quote from the bloke in Boots Labs and when I said "that's not going to be much good is it? That's only about 400x300 pixels image - that wouldn't fill the screen on my mobile phone" and he said "Oh it's a lot bigger than that...hang on" and came back with "ahh - it's 300dots per inch for a 6"x4" photo, so 1800x1200 pixels"

I replied that i'd leave it, and get it scanned elsewhere, as 2megapixel images were'nt much cop for me. I can however understand that they're not going to give a 15mp scan out, as it'd ruin their enlargements business.

Back