A backpack to rule them all.

Name
Earl
Edit My Images
No
I'm looking for a large backpack after some mooching the Tarion Pro PB-01 looks very good has anyone used one?

Or can you recommend something similar?

I am normally loaded with a GoPro with extras, 2 Cameras and DJI Mini Pro 4, power banks (no laptop or tablet) tripod and a water bottle

+1 lowepro - I have flip-side 400

I've used Lowepro bags for years, with a few others thrown in at times. But I have to say, there's design details on my new Mindshift bag that make it feel like it comes from a different planet.

I've downsized to 3 bags, 2 of them are Lowepro, and they feel very 'cumbersome' compared to the Mindshift. Give them a look, they may have just what you want.

The adverts never show where the tripod goes, which I find quite irritating.

Hessian sack. Chuck everything in, & sling it over the shoulder. If the rain starts to seem permanent, look for shelter. It was my grandad's, I think it came with cattle nuts in it. Trouble is, the tripod's very lumpy against your back ...

I have had Lowepro Flipside before - my boy has my 400 now he has more gear so I had the 300 back from him but I just don't get on with the flat back to them - maybe I've just got a weird body......

I use an Osprey Kamber with an insert and I find it much more comfortable to adjust & the rear is curved so sits against the back better imo

Interesting selection to mooch through thanks. So far i like a Tarrion pack I have found on Amazon

Another one for Lowepro.
All the ones I use often are Lowepro.

I have a large Tarion, can't remember what model, sits on top of a cupboard holding my Canon APS-c kit, which I never use. I find the bag awkward to use, no particular reason apart from placement of zips,
Just checked, the shoulder bag I use for the one G9 is Tarion, the other one is in a Lowepro, which has more space for spare batteries/remote.filters etc. The Tarion does not have a hand strap on the top, so always have to pick it up by the shoulder strap, which is a bit of an omission.

Comparing the two makes, it just feels like the Lowepro are designed by people who use cameras more often :)

I have a Prvke 31 from Wandrd.

I can get the Canon RF 100-500 in easily, along with a selection of other lenses and filters etc.

Probably should have bought the 41Ltr version though.

I also have the Prvke, and love it.

I got the 31 as it’s got an unusually good harness and support, with waist support, for that size of bag (as it uses the same system as the larger bags).

For me this is good as it cuts weight but gives comfort and I have a bad back. Its first serious test was all day every day with lots of walking at a conference in Seattle and it did great.

The 31 might be a bit tight for your load, depending what’s on the cameras.

I have the extra straps so a tripod can either go on the side using the bottle/whatever pocket or if that’s in use a tripod can go along the bottom or up the front etc.

I have gone for this:

Just needs an insert into the main area which is my next hunt.

The biggest selling point was the clipable shoulder straps as I have a shoulder issue which makes it difficult at times to get on and off.

Last edited:
I remember having this discussion of which camera bag, and we got round to the best idea being a shopping trolley with all gear we had!!!

I have gone for this:

Just needs an insert into the main area which is my next hunt.

The biggest selling point was the clipable shoulder straps as I have a shoulder issue which makes it difficult at times to get on and off.

I think the cammo version would be ideal for the allotments rather than my shoulder bag, I could hide amongst the plants and take enough survival supplies in case I got lost :)

60l of camera equipment is a seriously heavy load to carry, my Lowepro I use for "walking" is 16l if I use the longest dimensions (I think it was sold as 20l) , and fits in a G9 with a 14-140, a 100-400 lens, a 7-14 lens, a 12-60 lens, a 20mm prime, a 9mm pancake lens, a TZ60 compact, flash, filters, remote shutter release, laser sports sight, 4 spare batteries for each camera, spare SD cards, cloths, cleaning kit, rain cover in the base, dedicated tripod attachment. All up about 5kg, about 35cm top to bottom, add another 10cm for the tripod lower pocket.

This is my favourite, which I can manage OK, even in a bus or train, I'm going to be very interested how yours works out, and what you put in it, as I lke most are looking for the perfect solution :)

another vote for the Wandrd backpack. I use it to travel with as my carry on and often pack the sling in my luggage as I can carry my DJI Mini 3 pro and fm3a with a prime lens fitted in the sling for walking about when I’m abroad.

I think the cammo version would be ideal for the allotments rather than my shoulder bag, I could hide amongst the plants and take enough survival supplies in case I got lost :)

60l of camera equipment is a seriously heavy load to carry, my Lowepro I use for "walking" is 16l if I use the longest dimensions (I think it was sold as 20l) , and fits in a G9 with a 14-140, a 100-400 lens, a 7-14 lens, a 12-60 lens, a 20mm prime, a 9mm pancake lens, a TZ60 compact, flash, filters, remote shutter release, laser sports sight, 4 spare batteries for each camera, spare SD cards, cloths, cleaning kit, rain cover in the base, dedicated tripod attachment. All up about 5kg, about 35cm top to bottom, add another 10cm for the tripod lower pocket.

This is my favourite, which I can manage OK, even in a bus or train, I'm going to be very interested how yours works out, and what you put in it, as I lke most are looking for the perfect solution :)

Yes, 60L is a large space, but it covers all the options I think I want to have with me and get my stool in there also or at least attach it.

Had tons of bags over 30 years, Lowepro to Domke, all irritated me with poor design choices, just bought a Mindshift, over the moon with it, no issues at all.

Had tons of bags over 30 years, Lowepro to Domke, all irritated me with poor design choices, just bought a Mindshift, over the moon with it, no issues at all.
I have the mindshift backlight, great bag and can adjust straps easily whilst wearing to take most of weight off your shoulders

Yes, 60L is a large space, but it covers all the options I think I want to have with me and get my stool in there also or at least attach it.

I wouldn't put my stool in my camera bag, I'd use a karzi...

Got several bags, from rucksacks to holster style cases, all of which serve fairly specific purposes. Ideally, visit a bricks'n'mortar shop with the kit you want/need to fit in it and see which suits (then go up a size!)

I have serveral sizes but one thing I've learn from having a LARGE one is that I don't like a large one.

I mean a large bag that is also a travel backpack, that's okay. But a 100% pure camera backpack is killer for the back.

I bought a Tenba 20L as the latest one, it fits a body and a few lenses. It fits under the seat on a flight too.

Just need to get internal stuff sorted

Attachments

• IMG-20240913-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240913-WA0005.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 22
It's donkey's years since I owned a 'proper' camera bag. I've made do with various shoulder bags etc. But having recently returned to full-frame I need to consider getting a dedicated camera backpack. Camera body with fairly large lens attached plus 3 other lenses, one large and two small. I don't really need to put anything else - at all - in the bag. It will generally travel in the boot of the car from home to various venues. No hiking!

I've looked at the Vanguard Vesta Aspire 41NV because there was a YouTube vid praising it.... but to be honest I have not the first idea of what I should be looking for, for the equipment I have got. All suggestions gratefully received. :)

It's donkey's years since I owned a 'proper' camera bag. I've made do with various shoulder bags etc. But having recently returned to full-frame I need to consider getting a dedicated camera backpack. Camera body with fairly large lens attached plus 3 other lenses, one large and two small. I don't really need to put anything else - at all - in the bag. It will generally travel in the boot of the car from home to various venues. No hiking!

I've looked at the Vanguard Vesta Aspire 41NV because there was a YouTube vid praising it.... but to be honest I have not the first idea of what I should be looking for, for the equipment I have got. All suggestions gratefully received. :)

How big is "fairly large", "large" and "small" and what camera body is it?
I have a Canon full frame, and with a fairly large, large, and a few small all fit into a small bag, but the next person could call the lenses, small, very small and tiny :)

Interesting choice, but for me too many compartments. I can mislay my keys in a pair of jeans!

But, seriously, I assume the volume is the combined total of all the compartments? I'm looking for a replacement for a cycling focussed day bag I've used for 20+ years, and this in a smaller version could fit the bill.

Not mentioned, however, is water proofing.

Last edited:
How big is "fairly large", "large" and "small" and what camera body is it?
I have a Canon full frame, and with a fairly large, large, and a few small all fit into a small bag, but the next person could call the lenses, small, very small and tiny :)
To be specific I have the Sony A7C II with Sony 24-105 G + Tamron 70-180 G2 + Sony 40 G + 28-60 kit lens.

(Obviously the whole lot is a bit smaller than when, years ago, I had a Canon 5D2 DSLR and comparable lenses.)

Thinking about it , I might also carry my Manfrotto Pixi tabletop tripod. Never use flash when out and about, so that stays at home.

So.... any suggestions please?

Interesting choice, but for me too many compartments. I can mislay my keys in a pair of jeans!

But, seriously, I assume the volume is the combined total of all the compartments? I'm looking for a replacement for a cycling focussed day bag I've used for 20+ years, and this in a smaller version could fit the bill.

Not mentioned, however, is water proofing.

Not stated anywhere I can find for it, I picked up a rain cover for it just incase.

Ended up getting a Tarion TBS (12L) bag for £25. Comes with a rain cover.

Compact and light as a feather (empty!) but will easily accommodate a FF mirrorless body, 4 lenses and, if I need them, flash and table tripod. Straps on bottom of the bag to carry a full size tripod/monopod.

Back