A calm evening at the beach

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
These shots were taken the other week on a calm evening on the beach at sunset.

I decided to shoot on a mostly sandy area of the beach though.

Here is a shot taken well after sunset on a long exposure on a flat rocky part

Parton LE by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Here is some sand just after sunset

Parton sunset on sand by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really like the first one Alf! Both are great, but I find the colder tones of the first one more pleasing..

I think the composition of the first is stronger and the colder tones feel a bit more seasonal, I like it.

The sky in the second is pretty cool but it looks a bit like a snapshot compared to your usual standard :)

Lovely light Alf, the 1st is lovely, the tones are stunning and love it's simplicity with the LE. Love the colours of the sky in the 2nd but the composition doesn't really do anything for me.

no 1 is stunning, Alf :clap:

Two "Excellent" shots Alf, both equally as nice.(y)

George.

Really like the first one Alf! Both are great, but I find the colder tones of the first one more pleasing..

Thanks Jacques

I think the composition of the first is stronger and the colder tones feel a bit more seasonal, I like it.

The sky in the second is pretty cool but it looks a bit like a snapshot compared to your usual standard :)

Thanks Ned

Lovely light Alf, the 1st is lovely, the tones are stunning and love it's simplicity with the LE. Love the colours of the sky in the 2nd but the composition doesn't really do anything for me.

Thanks Neil

Stunning !

Thanks Sarah

no 1 is stunning, Alf :clap:

Thanks Damian

Two "Excellent" shots Alf, both equally as nice.(y)

George.

Thanks George

Ned & Neil
The second one is one those I took as the light was good and I liked the reflections but I was struggling for a composition/subject at the time as the sea conditions were not so inspiring to me as it was so calm. The other shot 15 minutes later was easier as the ride was coming in and I was moved to a different location.

Thanks Jacques

Thanks Ned

Thanks Neil

Thanks Sarah

Thanks Damian

Thanks George

Ned & Neil
The second one is one those I took as the light was good and I liked the reflections but I was struggling for a composition/subject at the time as the sea conditions were not so inspiring to me as it was so calm. The other shot 15 minutes later was easier as the ride was coming in and I was moved to a different location.

I know exactly what you mean mate, timing is everything with seascapes! The window of opportunity is so small and not just dependant on the light, but tides and winds are so important as well.

I know exactly what you mean mate, timing is everything with seascapes! The window of opportunity is so small and not just dependant on the light, but tides and winds are so important as well.

All very true Neil

Last edited:
Back