A couple of my star wars models.

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
I love all my nerdy stuff, and I am really enjoying photographing them.
Not sure if this is classed as macro/close up or not, taken of my 6“ stormtrooper.
Hopefully getting some more characters from this line soon.

Attempted forced perspective.

woiUCp.jpg

And a couple using a small "studio" I set up for them.

nDc0WM.jpg

Q4CBHQ.jpg

I like the pose in #1 but the angle is a bit how to say it "crotch shot"

Maybe move the character further from the background to ease the shadow or again change the shooting angle there is something to be had with these :D

I like the pose in #1 but the angle is a bit how to say it "crotch shot"

Maybe move the character further from the background to ease the shadow or again change the shooting angle there is something to be had with these :D
I know what you mean about the first one. I chose the angle more to make the model look bigger than it is more than anything else.

Regarding the shadows, do you mean with the red background? I have a few with softer shadows but I did crank up the contrast in post with these ones.

These were my very first tries, I want to try and set up more action scenes eventually.
The camp pose came about because it was the first pose that stayed standing without looking like a contortionist. Thought it looked like he was watching the death star blow up and contemplating his career.

Definitely potential in these shots, I like the first one apart from the "crotch shot" aspect of it, maybe if the camera was a bit more round to the right so it was more in line with the front leg?

It's a good start, keep trying...I think with some more scenes set up rather than a red background they will look good.

Don't know if you have a flickr account but there are a couple of people I follow who have done quite a few setups, might give you some ideas for the future:

Jooka5000
Vesa Lehtimaki

Have to agree with ChrisA re the last one. I think #1 is the best of these.

Back