A few Damsel flies

Sorry mate but these are way out of focus
I agree. But well done for trying. I have to admit your camera I am not familiar with. Will look for those details later. Time is never on my side at the moment. Can you give me the EXIF info, there might be something there we can help you with. Also can you enlighten us if you cropped right down? How far away were you from your subject? I do see you have been here for quite a while. It says 2013, so as a new guy here I don't want to tread heavily on peoples toes

Sorry mate but these are way out of focus
I know they aren’t brilliant,
A. I didn’t use a tripod,
B.Trying to get the hang of a Raynox, see my other post.
C. Cropped right down, only using a 18-55mm on a Fuji X-t3. And I mean cropped!!
Also new camera. Can only keep trying:)

Last edited:
Try using flash and f 13 and a faster shutter speed.
Or if you have time put the camera and a dead subject in one place and change the settings and see which one works best - good luck.

I know they aren’t brilliant,
A. I didn’t use a tripod,
B.Trying to get the hang of a Raynox, see my other post.
C. Cropped right down, only using a 18-55mm on a Fuji X-t3. And I mean cropped!!
Also new camera. Can only keep trying:)
ISO?

ISO 160, also I was about three feet away, the hedge was high, and deep, not exactly the best scenario. Even if I had my tripod, it wouldn’t have got high enough.
In a way I was on a bit of a hiding to nothing, but I hadn’t seem that colour damsels before and wanted the image.
The full exif is on Flickr.

Last edited:
Back