2.Same as above
IMG_2852.jpg

3.Narcissus Bulb Fly - Merodon equestris
IMG_2975.jpg

4. Snout-hoverfly rhingia nasica
IMG_3114.jpg

5. Azure Damselfly Coenagrion puella
IMG_2923.jpg

Looks like you just missed focus on the 1st 2 shots, looks a little flat in colour, maybe it was a fresh one.
The 2 hoverflies are really nice with the 1st being the best. If your on FB, maybe you could record them on the UK Hoverflies group with a grid No.
Last shot is really nice and showing lots of detail, lovely colour too.

Looks like you just missed focus on the 1st 2 shots, looks a little flat in colour, maybe it was a fresh one.
The 2 hoverflies are really nice with the 1st being the best. If your on FB, maybe you could record them on the UK Hoverflies group with a grid No.
Last shot is really nice and showing lots of detail, lovely colour too.
Thanks for the crit/ comments Graham, Not sure the focus was missed on 1&2, if I zoom in on the originals I can see detail in the eye which I was aiming for but they do have a very shallow dof being so close and such small damsels 2.5-3cm. You can really see the scale of the damsel in #1 as it is grasping a grass seed that is nearly as long as it's thorax. I'm guessing it was fresh as it was very pale and not too willing to take to the sky with me getting right in its face.

As for facebook, I'm on there but don't really use it much other than keeping in contact with the family overseas. Might have a little gander when I get home tonight as I have never seen one of those snouted ones before other than in pics and it could be of interest.

Thanks for the crit/ comments Graham, Not sure the focus was missed on 1&2, if I zoom in on the originals I can see detail in the eye which I was aiming for but they do have a very shallow dof being so close and such small damsels 2.5-3cm. You can really see the scale of the damsel in #1 as it is grasping a grass seed that is nearly as long as it's thorax. I'm guessing it was fresh as it was very pale and not too willing to take to the sky with me getting right in its face.

As for facebook, I'm on there but don't really use it much other than keeping in contact with the family overseas. Might have a little gander when I get home tonight as I have never seen one of those snouted ones before other than in pics and it could be of interest.
I have that same problem, On my original shots they look real sharp but after putting them through Luminar w18 they lose that edge. I guess its like that with some shots.

Back