A fly

You are enjoying it, and it is going well. Good combination. :)

Good detail and centre of focus nicely placed. The illumination looks nice, giving good clarity. Did you diffuse the flash?
Im using the onboard flash at the moment Nick, but i ghetto rigged a diffuser out of greaseproof paper.

Its definitely out of focus- the lighting looks good though

Macro is such a difficult subject as the depth of field is so shallow

heres an example of mine - his eyes are in focus and the body is less so, This being a depth of field issue, but generally acceptable so long as the eyes are in focus ( on insects obviously) :)

DSC04758 Male Common Darter by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Lighting is fine, but the focus looks a little off to me ?

Almost like the front edge of the leaf is in focus and the rest isnt. DOF is tricky in macro.

Only been at it a week, so its all a learning curve.

Its definitely out of focus- the lighting looks good though

Macro is such a difficult subject as the depth of field is so shallow

heres an example of mine - his eyes are in focus and the body is less so, This being a depth of field issue, but generally acceptable so long as the eyes are in focus ( on insects obviously) :)

Les

Yeah still learning as I go along ;p

Darren I think that is a very good effort for your first week :clap: I am a learner too. The likes of Nick and a few others will bring you on if you follow their advice. (y)

Darren I think that is a very good effort for your first week :clap: I am a learner too. The likes of Nick and a few others will bring you on if you follow their advice. (y)
I agree Charles, there's a wealth of information on this forum, already learnt a lot already.

Back