A little bit of success

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a small YT channel where I upload videos that mostly i'm making for myself or for friends and family to see, if I get around 300 views for them, I think its been worth making.
I live in Barrow in Furness, last weekend Dave Day was held and if you have seen the news in the last couple of days over 45,000 motorcyclist made their way to the town on a ride in memory of Hairy Biker Dave Myers (who was born there).
Wanting to capture this event i was in the centre of town with my camera, I shot a timelapse and a lot of video, which I turned into 3 videos for my channel.
I uploaded 1 late sat night and the other 2 on Sunday.
And WOW, they have now had over 110,000 views between them, that was a bit of a shock.

On Monday morning I was contacted by the BBC who wanted to use some of my video for a short they were producing for BBC iplayer which went online today Remembering Hairy Biker Dave
5.38 in, the timelapse of the bikes parking up.

Monday afternoon and I was contacted by a production company who had been following Si King on the day as they are making a Hairy Bikers special that will be on the BBC later this year, they wanted some of my footage as well.

So as you can guess i'm feeling very happy at the moment, give it a week and i'll be back to a couple of 100 views again.

And I got to meet Si and Daves wife Lili on the day, in the Mayors office and the Mayor took a pic for me with my phone!
An amazing and emotional event.

My Youtube channel

Well done, you cannot beat good photojournalism. I was very pleased to see this and would otherwise have missed it. Great characters the Hairy Bikers. You deserve to be pleased for this excellent work.

Dave

Back