A little salti

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
ce029dcc866f601d0d3c8edd84ec1679.jpg

Hi all,
I found this little jumping spider on a old tree stump, I'm not sure of the species, just it's a salticidae.
Proper name is :- Philaeus Chrysops, Female.
Thanks for looking.
Also available to view on my Flickr.

Last edited:
Very nice. They eyes and hair on jumping spiders is what pushed me from compact cameras to a dslr and macro lens!

Very nice. They eyes and hair on jumping spiders is what pushed me from compact cameras to a dslr and macro lens!
Cheers,
They really are very cute and very curious things and so many different ones around the world.
It's good when the focus is spot on on the eyes.

Yes, the eyes are the window to a very intelligent little creature from what I've noticed.

Excellent Graham love these little spiders but I've never managed to photograph one

Excellent Graham love these little spiders but I've never managed to photograph one
Hi Pete,
They really are friendly little critters and are adorable.

Great shot - love the composition, too. They certainly look friendly. (@Cg_Girl might not agree...!)
Thanks Emma,
This one was on a tree stump and I think had made itself cosy in a crevice on the top.
@Cg_Girl, nah she's just a woos [emoji12]

Brilliant Graham, what a lovely little spider. Have you found the ID yet?
Thanks Tim,
No Id yet, I'll have to get a Id now.
I'm sure you will find plenty where you are.

Thanks Tim,
No Id yet, I'll have to get a Id now.
I'm sure you will find plenty where you are.
Update,
id found, as above in main post.

Such a cutie need to be better at finding some different species :D
Haha thanks Bryn, don't really need to go far in this place, even at work on Fridays I'll see 2 or 3 in each building I go in, i just don't like taking them away from home.

Back