A rare harvestman and others

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Harvestman Histricostoma argenteolunulatum, TQ 40104 68783. So far only has been seen in my allotment in the UK
The real size is 1.93 mm, magnification is 2.8
IMG_9790_Harvestman by davholla2002, on Flickr

Bee from the allotment on the side of a shed, TQ 40104 68783
The real size is 4.75 mm, magnification is 1.68
Someone saw my taking this photo and was amazed that I could see that this was a bee and not a fly they thought that I must be an expert on bees
It is quite a basic level (I don't know sadly know what species it was)

IMG_9648_Bee by davholla2002, on Flickr

Mating flies on bramble, TQ 40104 68783

EF7A3542_Flies by davholla2002, on Flickr

Beetle on green bin, The real size is 3.1 mm, magnification is 2.8
Grid ref TQ 40100 68716
IMG_9655_Beetle by davholla2002, on Flickr

Cryptocephalus aureolus in a buttercup, Hutchinson's Bank Nature Reserve, New Addington TQ 38029 61893
The real size is 5.05 mm, magnification is 1.68

IMG_9623_Cryptocephalus_aureolus by davholla2002, on Flickr
Something very common now

EF7A3553_Hoverflyv2 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Very nice set of macro/close up style captures David.

Your opilione is mainly distributed in the Appenines, Italy and Mediterranean islands such as Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily and the Baleares. I can only assume it's got here by accident. It's on the red list.

Have you reported it dave?

Paul.

Your opilione is mainly distributed in the Appenines, Italy and Mediterranean islands such as Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily and the Baleares. I can only assume it's got here by accident. It's on the red list.

Have you reported it dave?

Paul.
Yes, I did in 2020 and got it confirmed by Paul Richards in Sheffield. It is on the latest FSC harvestmen guide - although so far no one has seen it apart from me. I guess it came with some herbs I bought.
It was quite funny because I was told it was rare 18th March 2020 and asked to find a specimen. Unfortunately I got Covid (no problem) but I couldn't go out for 2 weeks.
I then found a juvenile very easy to rear by putting in a box with newspaper, grass, springtails and woodlice and sent it to Sheffield.
Congratulations David!

For the rare beastie and the pictures :D

Very nice set of macro/close up style captures David.
Congratulations David!

For the rare beastie and the pictures :D

Thank you all.

Back