Addition press release with regard to the Nikon EN-EL3 Battery Recall

S

Steve

As announced on November 8th, 2005, Nikon has detected that on rare occasions some rechargeable Li-ion batteries of the type EN-EL3 for Nikon Digital SLR cameras may become defective, resulting in overheating during recharging. In the worst case, Nikon cannot rule out the possibility that the battery could catch fire as a result of the defect.

Nikon has today added additional batch numbers to be checked by users of Nikon D50, D70 and D100 and the rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3. A full list can be found at this link

Any Nikon owners are strongly adviced to check their battery codes.

It's sooo sad that some people don't get the Canon reliability .... :sadcry:

SammyC said:
really?

Nikon are by no means the only manufacturer to ever recall products. Life would be very boring indeed if we all bought the same camera gear, same car etc etc.

Yawn

Life would be very boring indeed if we all bought the same camera gear, same car etc etc.
Be handy for getting hold of spares though ;)

SammyC said:

Don't go there.

Plenty of people will tell you how good their Canon kit is, but won't tell you when its gone ti*$ up.
The 100-400 lens is a prime example, the IS fails, but nobody will tell you that.

Come on chaps! Where's the sense of humour! I know Canon is no better than Nikon.

It was just a friendly jibe for a Nikon owner to do a friendly jibe back with.

Never mind. :)

And the shutter on the 350D only has a life of 5000 actuations.

Matt said:
And the shutter on the 350D only has a life of 5000 actuations.

I find that very hard to believe, it may be lower than the 20D etc but not only 5000 actuations. I would bet that there are many 350D's out there with more than that on already. :confused-

Actually as far as actuations go I believe it's..

350D... 50,000

20D... 100,00

Series 1... 200,000

For the 350D that's the equivalent of shooting a 36 exp roll of film every day for about 5 years.

Steve, Ct, You are both correct in assuming I was incorrect.

My post was to show how a bit of friendly banter can quickly get out of hand.

Quite right Matt, where's people's sense of humour? There's nowt wrong with a Noink anyway.:snap1:

Back