AGFA Billy - lookalike - Pictures Added

BOM

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

I've got an old camera that looks the spit of an AGFA Billy, was wondering if anyone had any ideas what it might be.

I only paid a fiver for it, its quite battered but it still works, could do with a thorough clean though.

Other details on it are:
Compur on the front of shutter body
a404 on the side of the shutter body
Schneider-Kreuznach Radionar f:4.5 F=10.5cm - around the lens

No other info on it as its been partially peeled by someone!

I'll post a picture later :)

Cheers,
Bom

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

I took it to my local camera club this evening, they arent sure either. Someone thinks they recognise it and are going to check but arent sure.

Any tips would be great, I've spent ages on google.

Hi

This camera could be a Lily, a japanese manufacturer. They made 1 camera with a Scneider lens, compur shutter and albada finder; and with the name on the leather where your's is missing.

But I couldn't find any photo of the camera.

Good luck with the search

Cheers mate, a quick scan brings up no images as you say but it does give me a lead to follow.

I've just picked up some film for it so will have a play soon, I'll post the results :)

I have an agfa billy, and it looks similar to this, the quality of the images can* be amazing, mainly due to it being 6x9.

*takes some serious luck, I suffer with focusing.

I've been cheating, I've been lining up the shot with my 20D and copying the settings across :LOL:

Will see how well thats work when I develop it next week :D

I've been cheating, I've been lining up the shot with my 20D and copying the settings across :LOL:

Will see how well thats work when I develop it next week :D

Last time I did that, I forgot to set the ISO on the digital camera to the same as on the film one :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Last time I did that, I forgot to set the ISO on the digital camera to the same as on the film one :bonk::bonk::bonk:

*lol* Thats was the first thing I checked, my issue is remembering to wind the film on :D

That looks a bit like the Zeiss Ikon I've got

Back