AlanDorset 2024 Week37 Occupation

Right next to Canford School, Wimborne. The school’s rowing club are regularly on the river, 2’s, 4’s and 8 person skulls.

Good picture, like the contrast of the bridge against the back ground and the cyclists add interest. Going to need painting soonish though?

Yep, definitely ticks the box for a bridge, looks like the kind of bridge that needs to be tested by jumping up and down on it!

Love the NASA helmet :)

Hot: very well captured.
Song title: Well lit to highlight the subject. Works nicely.

Nicely done Alan :)

SnappersChoiceSept
by Alan Webb, on Flickr

Temporarily without camera so used an i=phone shot at Cams Hall and experimented with the in-built photo software. Every day's a school day, interesting just how straightforward it is for a phone user to get good results.

Good shot... even on a it takes composition skills and you have nice leading lines through the image.

Tools by Alan Webb, on Flickr

A shovel needed shortening (that's another story entirely) so here's one modified shovel with a selection of the many many tools involved. An un-edited i-phone shot when I got to the end of all the measuring, cutting and drilling and just before final fitting of the handle.

We have roadworks in literally every direction at the moment so my initial thought was very large tools used for digging up the roads, there's a massive array of choices of size and manufacturer, and varying amounts of usage, but that's yet another story.

Last edited:
Nice shovel. Snow?

Back