All Nippon

Name
Kieron
Edit My Images
Yes
1st Round of a new series, All Nippon at Silverstone, I was there helping Max (orange FD) and it was the 1st time I have ever used a DSLR, Missus Kieron got me a D40X with the standard lens so though I'd give it a try.

Comments + advice please as I'm a total noob.

MAX3.jpg

MAX5.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/badkron/all nippon/DSC_0151.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/badkron/all nippon/DSC_0166.jpg

None have been edited (wouldnt knwo how to) although I have just got CS3 so will learn to do that once i've mastered the camera a bit more.

Also looking for a new lens as the 85mm one doesnt have enough zoom so most of the pictures were at full zoom.

Thanks.

Kieron.

You must have seen me at some point, I was shooting the Nippon Challenge but focussing on the MX5s, the orange FD sounded really good!

Yeah bridge port running a T88. It's a beast. Was his 1st time driving the car in the dry 2nd track day in it. 1st ever race, qualified pole for both and won both :clap: He built the car himself so a very happy man.

Will you be at round 2? Would be nice to meet up and chat, get some advice... any recomendations on lens for me to use witht he D40X?

Thanks.

I think I'm going to be at all the rounds apart from Pembrey, I'm not too sure about lenses for Nikon, but there's a thread somewhere called lenses for F1 that has advice about Nikon fit lenses for motorsport.

try jessops for sensor cleaning kit (y)
Have a look here for a lens. I dont know anything about lenses so wrong person to ask. Post a thread here asking about which lens.

How do I fix that? or is it literally dust and needs a clean?

What lens would you say I should get?

i'm assuming its a digital SLR. It should say in the manual how to clean the sensor, but if you are even the tiniest bit nervous about doing it i would take it to a camera shop and get them to sort it. Otherwise it can end in tears :)

Start with the manual and a blower brush. That should clear the worst offenders. Although I can't tell what's dust and what isn't, I need to clean my monitor.

haha ok, the pictures were probably taken within minutes of each other. Not taken the current lens off either.

Back