Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

I took an under the canal bridge photo, but I prefered the one I posted, but yours convays the under much more than mine did.

Pete

great interpretation of the theme, the exposure and contrast are really well handled.

I bet that's a little scary at night. Nice job on the exposure, the way it darkens and then hits the light at the end of the tunnel.

I always look forward to your shots and this (for me) is a perfect example of why.

The simplicity of the image belies its sophistication.

The lighting is beautiful and evocative, the subject fantastically isolated and the composition wonderfully considered.

That works nicely. The lighting, colours and composition are all really nice. It looks much better viewed large on Flickr too.

I always look forward to your shots and this (for me) is a perfect example of why.

The simplicity of the image belies its sophistication.

The lighting is beautiful and evocative, the subject fantastically isolated and the composition wonderfully considered.
That’s very kind of you to say

Nice one Allen. The ubiquitous washing machine too. I assume the old matress and pile of paint tins are behind you :D

Brings back memories of my parents area, loads of cobbled back alleys. Nicely edited.

Lovely capture. The gently winding lane (or gitty round here) works well, as does the B&W

Can't beat a good telegraph pole. Although I climbed them for years so I'm biased :) Love the way the wires fan out.

That's got an early Coronation Street vibe to it, as I remember my Mum watching it when I was little. I like the way it pulls you down the alley. Mono really adds to it.

I love everything about this... as with a few of us it takes my right back to my childhood. The inclusion of the pole and cables tops it off!

That's got an early Coronation Street vibe to it, as I remember my Mum watching it when I was little. I like the way it pulls you down the alley. Mono really adds to it.
Thanks

WEEK 47 CULTURE

Vinyl culture by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Not sure my interpretation of "culture" is correct but vinyl records like film photography seems to be very popular these days hence the record shop but I have included the whole building also cultural I think :thinking:

Great building, and the warm glow of the lights makes for a nice shot

Nice bit of Arty-Texture there :)

Back