Analogue Wonderland photo walk, June 29

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone going on this? I'd almost signed up for the Birmingham walk, then realised I'll be traveling that day!

It's £12 but you get a roll of film apparently, so not all bad.

I've just signed up to the Leicester walk. It's being led by https://leicester-lofi.co.uk/ who I'd never heard of before.

I've also contacted Leicester lo fi about going over to their darkroom premises too (open Weds evenings).

The main walk page states it's a Kodak film (emulsion not yet known but I'm assuming 35mm) included in the £12 walk price PLUS dev and scan of said film by AW. That's a bit of bargain if you ask me even if you have to pay postage.

I noticed a familiar name in the list of guides @Penlens :)

On topic - I see there is one in Runcorn. I think that's grabbed my curiosity!

I noticed a familiar name in the list of guides @Penlens :)

On topic - I see there is one in Runcorn. I think that's grabbed my curiosity!
Yes, I'll be leading the Eastbourne walk! I think it's going to be an interesting day with a roll of film.

Anyone going on this? I'd almost signed up for the Birmingham walk, then realised I'll be traveling that day!

It's £12 but you get a roll of film apparently, so not all bad.
Also, free film developing and scanning.

Well I signed up for the Runcorn one. If a few people go we could perhaps post our own "competition" thread (no prizes - just in the style of the new old film challenge thread)

What we're missing is £12 for a film plus process and scan is about half what it normally costs me so AW are paying me to do this except there isn't one close enough for me to get to.
Some thoughts: are you within striking distance of a place which might offer the potential of a photowalk for people to come to, and if so, might you be interested in hosting a walk?

Some thoughts: are you within striking distance of a place which might offer the potential of a photowalk for people to come to, and if so, might you be interested in hosting a walk?
Thanks. The answer to both is not really, my bag is landscape, I live on the edge of Dartmoor National Park and I already go out once every week on a Photowalk but tbh I like the solitude of my own company on those walks. I was interested in the AW walks rather selfishly because it would be something different for me and being on a guided walk would make it easy Maybe if they have a successful day they will run more then maybe there will be something close to me.

Thanks. The answer to both is not really, my bag is landscape, I live on the edge of Dartmoor National Park and I already go out once every week on a Photowalk but tbh I like the solitude of my own company on those walks. I was interested in the AW walks rather selfishly because it would be something different for me and being on a guided walk would make it easy Maybe if they have a successful day they will run more then maybe there will be something close to me.
The group here used to do irregular film photo meets at various places; there have been a couple at Bristol IIRC. We just fell out of the habit, what with the dreaded lurgy etc. A few of us just had a fabulous day out in Castleton.

I think there are a few folk who would like to revive the tradition. There are plenty of places down your way that could make excellent photowalk locations, I dunno, Brixham, Dartmouth, even Exeter maybe, Lyme Regis perhaps. The issue would be finding someone to coordinate the call and have at least some idea of how to proceed. From my experience, these walks are not quite "guided", but rather group decisions on where and how to go. Helps to have someone with a bit of local knowledge though. I've found it's quite interesting to be prompted to do different things on these walks, though in the end I chickened out of trying @Harlequin565 's 6x17 camera, after seeing @sirch struggle a bit with it (TBF the location wasn't really the best for a panoramic vista, but I'm looking forward to seeing whether any of Chris's 4 frames came out!).

Back