Another macro safari

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
great set, love the scorpion fly and the little hopper,yes its true they are normally covered by "spit"

Lovely shots, No 2 is I think a "Sawfly"

great set, love the scorpion fly and the little hopper,yes its true they are normally covered by "spit"

Thanks John

An excellent set, Alf...that scorpion fly looks so menacing :eek:

Thanks Andy
Scorpion flies are trying to look menacing but they are not.

Lovely shots, No 2 is I think a "Sawfly"

Thanks Graham
No 2 is not a sawfly Hyneptora but a true bug of some sort Hemiptera possibly a meadow plant bug

All are great again Alf(y) The scorpion fly definitely is a winner(y)

Thanks Icy

Last edited:
A good, varied set Alf. Along with the scorpion fly I like the first two best; the first because of how unlikely it is to find it and the difficulty of getting a decent shot of such a shiny, low contrast subject, and the second for the clarity, composition and the (to my eye) appealing background.

Presumably you have raised the shadows as far as you think possible/sensible for the bee and sawfly?

A good, varied set Alf. Along with the scorpion fly I like the first two best; the first because of how unlikely it is to find it and the difficulty of getting a decent shot of such a shiny, low contrast subject, and the second for the clarity, composition and the (to my eye) appealing background.

Presumably you have raised the shadows as far as you think possible/sensible for the bee and sawfly?

Thanks Nick
Yeah shadows lifted as you say

Love the scorpion fly pose. Nice set Alf.

Thanks Chris

Back