Anyone use a Dell Canvas in 2024?

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
It's ether dredge up an old post, or start a new one - I thought I'd go with the later...

I'm considering buying a used Dell Canvas touch / pen screen in apparently excellent condition. I'm very conscious of it being what... 7 years old now? but nothing seems to have come close in terms of price or functionality for size, so I *think* it's still a valid option. Sure I could go down the Wacom route, but they're hugely expensive for the size, and most aren't touch screens - they're pen only. Don't want a laptop - want this to connect to my desktop. So options are very limited.

Anyone use one? On Windows 11? Is it any good?

The original idea was to use it as a second monitor and get rid of my second 27" LCD that has better colour accuracy than my super widescreen. But I'm suspecting the reality is that a Dell Canvas would more likely be a third monitor and sit on the desk, rather than something I could arm mount and move between vertical and (near) horizontal. Wanted to confirm my suspicion. Also wanted to check if the Canvas is actually ok as a monitor?.

I'll bump this myself....

I did contact one of the big Dell monitor resellers as they've got some in stock. They really quite strongly warned me off buying one. They keep them in stock for existing users who want to replace like for like and understand the shortcomings and can deal with / work around them, but they did say there were a number of shortcomings (don't know what - he didn't expand) that made it impossible for him to recommend to new buyers. If a reseller is telling me not to spend lots of money with them, then I guess there must be a good reason, so will probably heed the advice.

Back to the drawing board then! No pun intended....

Back