Anything Football 24/25

Edit My Images
Yes
I was going back too far to see last season's footy thread, so I have started a new one. As the title says, Anything Football. ;)

I have just finished watching the re-season game of Liverpool v Man Utd, and aside from the difference in the teams, Utd's kit is a weird one. You'dhave thought theywould have learned from Liverpool of a few years ago that Red and Orange shouldn't be on a kit. :eek::rolleyes:

The Utd kit also has an optical illusion because of the way the colours fade together, in that it looks like the players back is covered in red because of the darker red on the back. Do you think that is diliberate! :thinking::LOL: They have also slipped in another sponsor logo above the players name on the back.I'm not sure that will fly in the Premier League. It looks like on Utd's 3rd kit, Adidas have gone with their old logo.

Arsenal's new away kit was also a bit shocking too. Black with red and green Adidas stripes, red and green badge and Adidas logo, and then blue and white slashes. :puke:

I'm not keen on Liverpool's new home kit either. Not a nice collar, and an odd yellow pinstripe pattern on it. And it seems Nike are going to do something different with their logo for Liverpool's 3rd kit, with their logo flipped 90 degrees. :thinking: I'm not sure that has been 100% confirmed yet though.

Oh, and watch out for the brown and pink Man City keeper kit. :eek:

I think Palace's home kit is the nicest I've seen so far.

You can see a lot of this seasons kits here.

That's an understatement, it's horrible! Worst Liverpool kit in years
Liverpool supposedly going with Adidas again next year, if true, I am hoping for the three stripes on the shoulder from the early 90's. ;)

It seems the Nike deal hasn't worked out, taking less money up front, but taking a cut of each sale. :thinking: Adidas messed them about last time, but maybe they are offering a better deal, and money talks. :rolleyes:

Handy link that. What would many of the Premier League clubs do if the FA ruled that gambling organisations couldn't sponsor shirts?
That's happening from the 26-27 season I believe

There's a thread in this Lounge section about Carsley not singing the national anthem but nothing about the game so I thought I'd kick it off here..

I was pleased to read that Jack Grealish will be in the squad and possibly starting. I don't know why Southgate sidelined him. He gets the team so many free kicks just outside the box. Invaluable. Carsley is also a fan of Maguire . What will be interesting is when former players from the under-21 side, that Carsley very successfully coached, are brought in,..maybe not today ,especially the Lille player Angel Gomes along with Morgan Gibbs-White and Noni Madueke.

Kicked off......

This read was so extraordinary I thought it's worth posting. It's about Inter-Milan's supporters called the "Ultras" who will be playing Manchester City next Wednesday, at Maine Road, in the Champions League. It's a Times article and paywalled so I'll précis it.

On September 4th. Andrea Berretta, 49 years old,the leader of the Ultras, the hard-line fans who stand in the Curva Nord (north end)of the San Siro stadium and have a lot of sway with the club and players, fatally stabbed Antonio Bellocco. He stabbed him five times in the neck and six times in the heart. during an argument. Unfortunately, for Berretta, Belloco is a member of one of the bloodiest clans of the deadly Ndrangheta mafia. Even I've heard of them. They will definitely not let this go and if they don't get him in prison they'll get him when he's released.The Opera prison, where he's being held, is where his victim's father died in January whilst serving a sentence and the prison if full of the Ndrangheta inmates. Moving him to another prison away from Milan won't save him, either. Infact, his whole family are under police guard in fear of reprisals. He's a dead man walking. His predecessor, as head of the Ultras, was shot five times in the chest and neck by a hit-man outside his home in Milan in 2022. The killing remains unsolved. .

Bellocco,the victim, had angered Berretta by, allegedly, trying to grab a slice of the wide range of rackets run by the Ultras, ranging from selling cocaine to parking permits at the San Siro Stadium,Milan and taking kickbacks from burger stands there. I think it's called 'extortion'. The Ultras run trips to away games and sell merchandise. There's a huge amount of money to be made at the stadium and the Mafia wants a piece of it. In Turin the Ndrangheta has been caught muscling in as a middleman for ticket sales between management and Ultra fans at Juvetus.,,Italy's most successful club. In Rome,the Cammora mafia from Naples is said to have backed a foiled bid to take over Lazio in Palermo. Cosa Nostra bosses have stepped in to resolve terrace fueds between fans. Berretta,the offender, got in with the Ultras after serving 9 years in prison for mafia crimes linked to his family clan which runs drugs through the port of Gioia Tauro in their home region of Calavria in southern Italy and has also sent some family members to Milan to sell cocaine and launder money.

Berretta ran the Ultras despite being handed a football ban for beating up a vendor who sold scarfs at the stadium without his permission. He also ran a merchandise store in Pioltelloa, near Milan where Bellocco lived. Local residents and especially those who live over the shop in the apartment are now very worried that Belloco's clan will bomb it. They are very dangerous and were involved in feuds in the Calabria region that have killed hundreds. To maintain power they cannot let this murder go unpunished. The Bellocco family have been banned from holding a large mafia-style funeral as it woukd risk a display of their power and those attending would use the opportunity to plan crimes.

Last Thursday, the Ultras held a meeting in a cafe outside the stadium, organised by a 55 year old Ultra veteran, who spent 14 years in prison and is currently banned from games at the stadium for his role in a fight with opposing fans in 2018 in which a rival fan was run over and killed.The meeting wasn't about the murder or who will replace Berretta as head of the Ultras but how they are going to get to Manchester next Wednesday. No doubt our ' UKFPU..UK Football Policing Unit, who advise clubs and our police forces ,will be working overtime right now liaising with their counterparts in Italy.

Last edited:
The beautiful game...

Back