Aperture tests on x4 macro screw on lens.

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
I decided to run through the scale with my screw on cheapy lens. The box was set at a pretty sharp angle to get the near/far effect.
Then I moved in and set the bullseye on the E at the end of the word "complete" On a couple I think I was a bit off to the right.
I wanted to see how the DOF changed. This is how they came out the MFT Pana G80 camera.

Aperture F5.6
5.6.jpg

Aperture F8
F8.jpg

Aperture F11
F11.jpg

Aperture F16
F16.jpg

Aperture F20
F20.jpg

Aperture F22
F22.jpg

Last edited:
There's nothing like a practical demonstration. Well done :D

Do you think that diffraction is a real world issue as you stop down?

There's nothing like a practical demonstration. Well done :D

Do you think that diffraction is a real world issue as you stop down?
If I'm honest, I would say the F22 looks slightly less sharp in the centre than the wide open ones at the start, but then you have editing tools to correct it.

What do you think?

If I'm honest, I would say the F22 looks slightly less sharp in the centre than the wide open ones at the start, but then you have editing tools to correct it.

What do you think?

It's difficult looking at posted pictures on here and I suppose they're not real world pictures only test pictures but they don't look terribly affected do they? Maybe try another sequence in the garden or when out and about?

Although I tend to keep to more moderate apertures I do have some small aperture pictures but finding them would take a while but I must have thought they were ok because I didn't delete them :D

It's difficult looking at posted pictures on here and I suppose they're not real world pictures only test pictures but they don't look terribly affected do they? Maybe try another sequence in the garden or when out and about?

Although I tend to keep to more moderate apertures I do have some small aperture pictures but finding them would take a while but I must have thought they were ok because I didn't delete them :D
I realise I probably go to very small apertures too often and when it's not necessary. Learning :)

Back