Help! Are you allowed to sell here?

Edit My Images
No
Hello?

Are you allowed to list and sell your own equipment here?
Thinking of retiring and selling off my studio kit.

Sorry if this is written somewhere but I can see it.

@russ85 Only if you have been an active participant of the site. Although you've been a member for many years, you've made very few posts so haven't reached a suitable threshold to obtain the privilege of access to and use of our classifieds section. It's available to regular participants, not generally, as we don't really want to be seen as an alternative to the evilbay etc.

@russ85 Only if you have been an active participant of the site. Although you've been a member for many years, you've made very few posts so haven't reached a suitable threshold to obtain the privilege of access to and use of our classifieds section. It's available to regular participants, not generally, as we don't really want to be seen as an alternative to the evilbay etc.
No worries, Thanks.

Until I saw this post, I had not realised one had to have a certain number of posts to be able to sell on here. That's a shame .
I did have a conversation with someone on here a while ago who pointed out I hadn't posted recently and people might be reluctant.

Is there any relaxation of those rules for someone like me who has not posted much but would like to sell to genuine photographers who are not time wasters ?

I have my Nikon mint condition 600mm F4 G ED for sale.
Id be interested to know if the administrators would consider my request to sell on here ?

Due to not being as fit as I use to be after covid breathing problems (and retired now) getting out with my camera has been curtailed in the last few years.
I was never a big contributor to posting on here, I was more into just reading the posts from others and picking up tips and ideas.

I was into wildlife photography but decided to sell my Nikon 400 2.8 last year , I was reluctant to sell my Nikon 600 F4 until now.

I have now decided to sell my 600mm F4 G ED ( decided it is too big for me to carry now ) I thought this forum would be a good place to sell it , thinking that genuine photographers might like to buy it .

The lens has had very light amateur use and is in the same condition as it came out of the shop, immaculate, no internal dust, no scratches , no rub marks, no wear marks, it is perfect.

I would not want to send the lens by courier , I would prefer the buyer to meet face to face, try the lens and do bank transfer if they decided to buy it.

Alan , Cumbria

Last edited:
Until I saw this post, I had not realised one had to have a certain number of posts to be able to sell on here. That's a shame .
I did have a conversation with someone on here a while ago who pointed out I hadn't posted recently and people might be reluctant.

Is there any relaxation of those rules for someone like me who has not posted much but would like to sell to genuine photographers who are not time wasters ?

I have my Nikon mint condition 600mm F4 G ED for sale.
Id be interested to know if the administrators would consider my request to sell on here ?

Due to not being as fit as I use to be after covid breathing problems (and retired now) getting out with my camera has been curtailed in the last few years.
I was never a big contributor to posting on here, I was more into just reading the posts from others and picking up tips and ideas.

I was into wildlife photography but decided to sell my Nikon 400 2.8 last year , I was reluctant to sell my Nikon 600 F4 until now.

I have now decided to sell my 600mm F4 G ED ( decided it is too big for me to carry now ) I thought this forum would be a good place to sell it , thinking that genuine photographers might like to buy it .

The lens has had very light amateur use and is in the same condition as it came out of the shop, immaculate, no internal dust, no scratches , no rub marks, no wear marks, it is perfect.

I would not want to send the lens by courier , I would prefer the buyer to meet face to face, try the lens and do bank transfer if they decided to buy it.

Alan , Cumbria
I think we'd love to see some of your wildlife images ;)

I came here with the same question. I used to be what I'd call "active" on here but it was over a decade ago :) How time flies. I now don't own much except an Olympus micro four thirds. I've just bought a budget zoom for it and was thinking my primes are wasting their time with me in the bag these days.

@Bikeman @turnpike it looks like you've long exceeded the required number of post for access to the classifieds. - in fact I just checked and you do have that access so fill your boots! I hope we don't lose you though, you contributions and images, however sparse they may be, are welcome

Back