Auto film winder problem

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
My EOS 500 automatically winds the roll in when it has finshed. This is a handy features, however it winds the leader all the way back into the can.

Is there any way to stop this happening so i can do double exposures? Or is there a way to retrieve the film so i can load it again?

you need a film extractor, its a tool used to get the leader back out of the cannister.

This might be one on ebay, I'm not sure I don't do 35mm

Flickr DIY job

you need a film extractor, its a tool used to get the leader back out of the cannister.

This might be one on ebay, I'm not sure I don't do 35mm

Flickr DIY job

Aha, excellent - thankyou for the help - i am so new to this i have no clue!

Forgive me for saying this - I'm sure you've already checked, but I understand some SLR's have an option on the menu somewhere to set the camera to leave the leader out. I don't know whether your camera has this option or not.

Forgive me for saying this - I'm sure you've already checked, but I understand some SLR's have an option on the menu somewhere to set the camera to leave the leader out. I don't know whether your camera has this option or not.

I dont think the eos 500 has that - its menu consists solely of a small lcd that can select ISO speed52, aperture and shutter speed. :(

Do these film retrievers damage the film at all?

Do these film retrievers damage the film at all?

Well I've never used the Hama version you've been looking at, but the one I had was made by Ilford. I don't think they make them any more. But no, they didn't damage the film at all.

why not just do the double/multiple exposures before getting to the end of the film?

why not just do the double/multiple exposures before getting to the end of the film?

You mean, just not shoot the last frame and reload it?

I cant shoot multiple exposures as i go as the camera automatically advances the film.

Have you checked custom functions?

My canon 50e theres an option to leave the film header out

sid

Just looked through that pdf manual and i cant see anything about custom functions - i think it is just too basic of a camera.

No custom functions of EOS500(n), its pretty basic AF camera designed more for family holidays than amateur photographer use but its capable all the same if limited in functionality (3 AF points, no CF etc)

As you have discovered muliexposures are controlled by the menus on the LCD screen.

Back