B&W Developing - Old Film

Name
Pip
Edit My Images
Yes
I was just digging around in an old camera box and found a B&W film that I took years ago and must have forgotten to get developed. It's Ilford HP5plus 400 and it's always been in it's opaque plastic tub at the back of a dark cupboard.

Is there any hope for this film? And is there anyone on here who would be willing to develop it for me (in exchange for some cash of course)?

I'm not sure what's on it, but probably something like Superbikes from the days of Foggy (Did I mention that it was old?!!)

Cheers,
Pip

ps - I also have a new roll of fujifilm velvia 100 daylight colour reversal film process CR56 / E6 which I need to get processed having just put it through a very old camera, so if anyone does both or can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Pips....try club 35. Reasonably priced; and if you want I can pick them up from their London Lab ( will save you the postage costs).

I often use them

they're both E6 so you could buy a tank and some chems

need either a black bag or a darkroom and you can Dev them :D

they're both E6 so you could buy a tank and some chems

need either a black bag or a darkroom and you can Dev them :D
Think I'll pass on that david, I'd like them to have a chance of coming out!

since whne has hp5 been e6 process????
I'm just reading what it says on the canister Gandhi. I quote "Velvia 100 Daylight Fujichrome Color reversal film process CR-56 / E-6 Professional FujiFilm"

Pips....try club 35. Reasonably priced; and if you want I can pick them up from their London Lab ( will save you the postage costs).

I often use them
Cheers Ujwal, I'll look into them. I'm in town a fair bit myself in the next couple of weeks but thanks for your offer.

isn't all ilford film E6 apart from one c41 film something super?

E6 is a process for slide/transparency films, not negatives. The Ilford XP2 is a C41 process, which means it's developed just like a colour negative film. Ilford FP4 and HP5 are standard black & white negative films.

Under those storage conditions and assuming no moisture issues, there should be no problems with processing the HP5. I've developed 25 year old film in less ideal conditions with fairly good results, so I'm betting yours will be fine. You might have it developed slightly longer than normal (10% or so) in case there are fogging problems.

CJ

Under those storage conditions and assuming no moisture issues, there should be no problems with processing the HP5. I've developed 25 year old film in less ideal conditions with fairly good results, so I'm betting yours will be fine. You might have it developed slightly longer than normal (10% or so) in case there are fogging problems.

CJ

Cool cjnicolai, that's good news! So back to another question, anyone on here who does their own processing willing to develop for me when they do their next batch if I pay the costs (+ a bit more)? It's just I generally trust people on here to give it some attention more than I trust shops.
pip

Pippy, I'd be happy to do it, but I'm in Denver, Colorado. If you want to pay postage both ways, I'll process it for you.

- CJ

Pippy, I'd be happy to do it, but I'm in Denver, Colorado. If you want to pay postage both ways, I'll process it for you.

- CJ

CJ, I'd love to bring it myself! I've never been to Colorado and I hear it's lovely! Thanks for the offer but I think I should probably find somewhere closer to home.
pip

Back